PDA

View Full Version : flydubai US Interviews

Smoothee
10th Sep 2014, 19:24
Has anyone been scheduled for or know the dates of the flydubai interviews in Phoenix this fall?

sheiken around
11th Sep 2014, 13:56
Smoothee,

Do yourself a favor and stay at home. Take this advice from someone who's heading back....

PM me if you want more info.....stay clear of ANY flying job in the Middle East....you'll regret it in the long run.

Kapitanleutnant
11th Sep 2014, 14:15
Listen to what Sheiken Around is saying.

And why on earth are you looking at Flydubai with the US airline industry in just about full on swing of massive hiring???

Being over here.. is absolutely NOT what you might think it's going to be like.

K

Smoothee
11th Sep 2014, 14:48
Kapitanleutnant,

Thank you for concern. I have worked there in the past and was just fine with it.

Smoothee

fliion
12th Sep 2014, 08:23
Buddy

If you want to get away from superficiality & questionable govt...

You are looking at the wrong 'hood.

f.

metro301
12th Sep 2014, 09:05
Smoothee….

LMFAO

Yes come to this bastion of freedom and constitutional protections.

You ask for a better place to go… Judging from your reasoning may I suggest Somalia or Pakistan.

People only go to the ME for cash. plain and simple.

what-to-do
12th Sep 2014, 10:16
Smoothie,

If you seriously think that the USA is the best country in the world, I suggest you stay there.

As for watching your fantastic country be dismantled from within, consider the Middle East already there. As for going down the drain, consider the concept that this place has never actually pulled itself entirely out of the drain.

Yes, you'll have a tax free salary, no wait, you come from the best country in the world, which still taxes people wherever they may reside. Then you'll have to pay a VERY large part of your wages towards rent. Not to mention the extortionate prices of everyday groceries here in Dubai. If that's not so bad, you'll hardly see daylight due to the fact that you'll be at the bottom of the seniority list for the foreseeable future.

Finally, the Kardashians are everywhere, as is Justin Beiber..... You'll never escape them or the IRS.

You'll find nothing to help you here, just a desire to get back home. :O

Kapitanleutnant
12th Sep 2014, 10:39
Smoothie..

I understand what you're saying but… things are quite a bit different here in the sand pit the past many years with quality of life, rosters etc. all for the negative. You do realize that you'll have less "protections" here in the ME than in the US? Not sure how long ago you were in this region, but as far as flying wise, every airline here has had some significant reductions.

Simply put… I don't think you realize what it is like nowadays here in the ME.

I won't disagree at all with your take on the direction of the US, but comparing the US to here in the ME???? Seriously?????

K

Vortac1
12th Sep 2014, 14:42
Smoothee, you came to the wrong place for advice. I suggest you try to find fellow americans that are already in FD, talk to them about this.

FD and the ME has pros and cons. You will not get the pros here in this forum tho.

flightfaa
14th Sep 2014, 01:18
All you FD drivers please PM some info on ur view point, and also I love the US but need to make some serious $$$, aint happening in the states flying for the regional. Might suck it up and head to the other side for a some coin.

Any advise?

Thanks yall :ok:

LostinT2DXB
14th Sep 2014, 06:26
I understand your situation FAA, but you won't make serious $$$ in Dubai. You have two choices: live on the beach and enjoy life here, or live out away from the city and eventually begin to hate everything about the place. Even if you live on the beach you will begin to hate certain aspects of living here full time. Look at the main flydubai thread. It has ALL of the answers you seek.

captseth
14th Sep 2014, 06:40
Probably would be fine if you're single and don't mind flying nights. A lot.

Vortac1
14th Sep 2014, 07:07
Flightfaa, PM sent.

Boeingrestricted
14th Sep 2014, 10:49
A country not taxing its citizens , giving opportunities instead of taking them away, providing unrestricted freedoms, offering free healthcare, providing free, housing, water and utility, offering financial marriage support, giving free education wherever that might be etc. etc. any suggestions where this is /was provided? :uhoh:

GoreTex
14th Sep 2014, 16:43
I think he needs to move to dubai and do some growing up there, he will hate it so bad that he will be happy to move back to the US.

as for the constitution, it was written over 200 years ago and needs to be changed, washington didn't know about automatic weapons then

flightfaa
15th Sep 2014, 01:10
So does any one have an answer for what Smoothee had started the thread out with?? (http://www.pprune.org/members/436256-smoothee)

Iam actually intrested to find out when there doing this deal in PHX?
If its something thats happening this month ill JS out there and let yall know what the down low is.

MCO951
17th Sep 2014, 08:13
It's a lot better than commuting to addis.
My drive to work is 25 minutes.
I see my kids every day.

951'r

colo18
7th Oct 2014, 21:02
It is supposed to be by November-December.

Dates to be confirmed yet...

Good luck! And all the best if you decide to join.

Maximus88
29th Oct 2014, 12:33
can you tell something about Oman Air rules? i'm tempted to aplly for them and i don't know if they offer me accomodation after i'll pass the interview...also i know nothing about salary or interview process...i'm interested in a cabin crew position...thnak's a lot...hope you really can help me