PDA

View Full Version : Invictus

4Greens
10th Sep 2014, 19:11
Just had a dizzy moment watching the opening of Invictus. Reminded me of what so may service men and women have endured. Prince Harry has done a good job.

Minor complaint, there wasn't a Naval helo on the flyover.

Thelma Viaduct
10th Sep 2014, 19:34
It's ironic how the Queen signed off on invading Iraq (at the request of blair) and now her Grandson has organised a sporting event for those injured by it.

smujsmith
10th Sep 2014, 20:31
Young Harry has done a great job pulling this lot together. He's working like a one armed paper hanger, I read, selling tickets and promoting the event. A man who deserves a severe pat on the back, at least. Well done young fella, keep at it.

Smudge:ok:

Greek God
10th Sep 2014, 20:48
Fantastic effort by all involved.
Thought they could have managed at least a Vic of Helos.

TomJoad
10th Sep 2014, 20:59
Agreed absolutely fantastic effort and maintains the profile of our vets in the public eye.

Tom

Thelma Viaduct
10th Sep 2014, 23:36
Can't fault Harry at all, seems a good bloke, he gets what the Army is about.

Bts70
12th Sep 2014, 13:44
Worth more than one hours coverage on BBC2 each night I think, but anything that keeps it in the general publics eye is good.

Is this going to be an annual event shared by all participating nations does anyone know?

Sun Who
12th Sep 2014, 13:50
I heard Prince H a few days ago on the telly, saying the aspiration was for it to run every other year.

Sun.

Bannock
12th Sep 2014, 16:32
There appeared to be a lot of empty seats at the athletics. Hopefully the crowds pick up for the remaining days.
Closing Concert has sold out. 26000 tickets snapped up.
BZ to all the volunteers.:ok: