PDA

View Full Version : CAD Testing

aspiringpilot1
6th Sep 2014, 04:50
Hi guys,

Cliche as it sounds, I've always wanted to become pilot ever since I was a little kid.

Upon discovering that I was CVD I decided to stray away from this industry. Having recently completed a bachelors degree I realised that with my CVD condition, purusing a career may be possible. Thus having gone to my aviation medical examiner- as expected I've passed all other components of the test (for a Class 1 Medical) however failed the ISHIHARA plate tests. Subsequently I was directed to the fansworth test which I had failed as well with a 'severe deficiency' result. Thus I've recently scheduled a CAD test (a make or break for me).

Thus I have a few questions:

How can I practice for the CAD test?

What does it involve?

Has anyone attempted this test before? What is the pass/fail rate of the test?

To my understanding a Class 1 Medical is required for any remunerated work in Australia.

If I fail this component am I eligible for a Class 1 Medical-with restriction to day time flying only. Realistically what are my career prospects with this restriction in Australia?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

tail wheel
6th Sep 2014, 08:20
Have you read this thread: http://www.pprune.org/pacific-general-aviation-questions/527897-empire-strikes-back-colour-defective-pilots.html

And used our Search function?

dubbleyew eight
7th Sep 2014, 13:05
never ever talk yourself out of doing a test.
you may find that you would have passed.