PDA

View Full Version : Comercial pilots training

XLR8ED
4th Sep 2014, 11:06
Hello to all.
I'm looking for a flight training school in Perth Western Australia, if there is anyone that would have any information regarding this it would be greatly appreciated. From the information I have received so far there is a lot of sharks out there ready to take your money and not give you relevant training.

Buttscratcher
4th Sep 2014, 11:37
Welcome to the forum bud
Yes, this is an odd industry we are in, quite unlike any other for a lot of reasons.
Obviously to protect yourself you need knowledge and good feedback.
I'd like to help, but my info is way out of date, and a long way away.
Hope you get some good recommendations ......and good luck!

Virtually There
4th Sep 2014, 18:01
I wouldn't say they were exactly "sharks", but the right instructor will certainly save you money and get the best out of your flying. But be prepared - it will still cost more than you think (and more than some schools will admit).

Charlie Foxtrot India
4th Sep 2014, 23:48
Any naming of individual schools will get this thread closed.

Caedus
5th Sep 2014, 06:39
Check your PM XLR :cool:

Tiger 77
6th Sep 2014, 02:09
The school that I trained at was honest and good value for money. I was teamed up with an instructor who had over 40 years experience in the industry and was a pleasure to fly with.

There was a variety of well maintained aircraft at my disposal. I was very happy with this flying school and would highly recommend it to anyone in Perth.

Unfortunately it seems I can't give you the name of the school. :ugh:

Cheers,

Tiger.

Charlie Foxtrot India
6th Sep 2014, 02:14
Bacause it can end up with people spreading rumours, trying to get free advertising and all sorts of :mad: fights.

It will be the same with any "Which flying school?" thread.

So my advice to the OP is to go and do your own research. And never pay for lessons in advance.