PDA

View Full Version : The same old question !

dumpertruck
27th May 2002, 23:45
I know this is probably getting on everbodys nerves but -

Im -5 in the left and -5.5 in the right , do you think its worth turning up and trying - its so close !!!

PeteB
28th May 2002, 02:11
You've got nothing to lose in trying - just the 400 fee...

However, they do ask you to fax them a copy of your most recent prescription before your medical - you'll have to think of a good excuse for that one!

mbcxharm
28th May 2002, 13:59
On the same topic, not wanting to start another thread...

When you go to have your medical, do you actually have to have your eyesight corrected to basically 20/20? I'm slightly short-sighted in one eye (~19/20), but have 20/20 with the other and 20/20 when combined. I did have a prescription for the small amount of correction required, but never got glasses since it didn't seem worth it. Would I need to get this prescription made up for the medical?

Flying Chicken
31st May 2002, 09:40
Dumpertruck - print off a copy of the eyesight requirements from the CAA website, take it to an optician and get them to do a full opthalmologists report (any optician will do this for about 15-20) which you then send to the CAA Medical Division who will have a look at it and tell you whether it's worth you turning up for a medical or not. Surprisingly, the CAA will actually do this for free!! It's probably the only thing the CAA will ever do for you for nothing, so take advantage.

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1