PDA

View Full Version : BHI Landing Fees

LookinDown
31st Aug 2014, 21:42
Hi All,
Is anyone able to advise me of the landing fees at Broken Hill and also what the Mendindee strip is like at the moment?
Thanks in Advance
LD

triadic
31st Aug 2014, 21:54
Have not been there for a while, but there is a honour box on the ramp, (old PO box) with instruction etc. If u don't pay on the day u get a bill from the Council with admin charge added. Might pay to check council web site.

mikewil
31st Aug 2014, 22:05
Menindee is asphalt, it doesn't change much from week to week!

Dick Smith
1st Sep 2014, 00:21
Make sure you say hello to Janet in the Coffee Shop.

gerry111
1st Sep 2014, 09:15
$9 for a Bonanza on my last visit. That's if you put it in an envelope in the old post box.

The shop in the terminal always has good fresh food, pies and coffee. And the lady often keeps her shop open even when the RPTs have left. I think she also holds the cleaning contract for the terminal. :ok::ok::ok:

The Old Bold Pilot
1st Sep 2014, 09:47
I've been to Menindee about a dozen times (2 years ago). All except a couple of times there were Roos either on or very close to the runway. A pass at about 6ft agl will clear them off long enough for you to land.

On Track
1st Sep 2014, 20:22
Landing fee at BHI is $10 unless it changed since last Friday.

DeRated
1st Sep 2014, 22:22
..perhaps a bit higher - roos tend to bounce up and down......!

LookinDown
1st Sep 2014, 23:55
Thanks All!
Will definitely take a fistful of $10 notes, give Janet in the coffee shop a kiss and make my passes at Mendindee higher than 6'.
Only ever flown over Mendindee a couple of times at altitude on the way back to the east so I'd appreciate any advice on where in particular to sight see.
Now, can someone arrange for better weather for this week please?
LD

gerry111
2nd Sep 2014, 14:03
On Track,

The landing fee ended up being $10 for us about a year ago as I didn't have any change!

The aircraft owner later received a bill for non payment from BHCC. I suspect that someone has worked out a nefarious scheme to defraud the postal box system. Broken Hill City Council were quite responsive and fair in cancelling that bill.

Anybody else had that problem?

Jenna Talia
2nd Sep 2014, 14:22
Yeah the same happened to me once in the past. I contacted the council and the nice lady accepted my reasoning that I did place the money into the provided envelope. Since then I just write my Visa card details in the space provided to overcome any pilfering.

pcx
3rd Sep 2014, 04:24
If someone is getting into the box when they shouldn't, then I don't think leaving your credit card details written down in there is very wise.

Atlas Shrugged
3rd Sep 2014, 04:51
.....so I'd appreciate any advice on where in particular to sight see

Sight seeing in Menindee. Now there's a way two fill in 2 minutes..;)

Ultralights
3rd Sep 2014, 10:16
lake menindee itself, nice to fly around the lake edges in a big circle, but be aware of the permanent notam regarding flying over the lake, well, there used to be a notam regarding low level flying over the lake and the associated bird hazard, something like preferred minimum height was 1500ft. but i cant find that recommendation anywhere now...it has been about 18 months since i was last flying in that part of the world.

Lake Tandau to the west, well, its a massive broad acre property in a dry lake bed when its not flooded.

Fly down the darling river to Bindara Station.. good quality dry weather dirt strip, and the property owner will pick you up if you let them know you are coming.. good farm stay accom, and great food.