PDA

View Full Version : Niceairplanes, Can Anyone Help

Dominator2
31st Aug 2014, 11:18
I have been trying to buy a model of a Phantom FGR2 from Niceairplanes. They acknowledged my order at the beginning of the year but nothing heard since. They have also failed to reply to 2 emails. Has anyone had recent contact with them and possibly a phone number?
If that fails does anyone know of another good aircraft model maker?

Courtney Mil
31st Aug 2014, 11:24
I'm not a modeller, but google searches about aircraft often take me to one of the modellers' forums. You might try Britmodeller.com (http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/)

Hope that helps.

NutLoose
31st Aug 2014, 13:46
If you read this thread from 2012 it says the lead time was about 6 months as hand built and painted, it nay be a bit longer now?

Nice Airplanes Website - DA.C (http://www.diecastaircraftforum.com/other-scales-antique-models/107616-nice-airplanes-website.html)

X767
31st Aug 2014, 15:29
Just received this e-mail from Nice Airplanes which might explain your problem.
Very sad news. Nice made wonderful models and I am very proud of my fleet of six RAF models from Chipmunk to Jaguar that they made for me.

Please find attached an urgent message from Nice Airplanes

It is with the most profound sadness that I have to inform you of the passing of Martin Weir, the founder,CEO, inspiration and leading light of the company that is Nice Airplanes.
Martin succumbed to leukaemia on 16 Aug 2014 after a short intense illness at the age of just 57 years.
We ask that you will understand that there has been little activity on this site for the period of Martin's illness and that we will need a little patience from the clients.
We have records that show that there are numbers of models at various stages of production and a number of units that are at the early stages of process.
Contact us at [email protected] with the following items of info.
1. Date of order and deposit paid
2. Description of model ordered
3. Projected date of delivery
4. Total price for order placed

Dominator2
31st Aug 2014, 15:57
X767, Many thanks for your prompt reply. What sad news for such a talented man to pass away at such a young age. My, and many others thoughts are with Martin's family at this sad time.

NutLoose
31st Aug 2014, 16:42
:(

I do hope they intend to continue on, a lot of people will depend on the work and their product is excellent, such sad news and such a young age too .

Guzz
31st Aug 2014, 16:59
Just sent you a PM Dominator2. I might be able to help.

Guzz.