PDA

View Full Version : SAUDI AIRLINES Interview ( 777 )

fireball_23
29th Aug 2014, 19:20
Hi There,

I've been checking " Latest pilot jobs " to get an idea of the interview process, but it seems incomplete as there is no " reasoning test " mentioned.
Any ideas ?

;)

fireball_23
29th Aug 2014, 21:29
Thank you very much for the quick reply !

Starbear
30th Aug 2014, 05:20
Fireball (rather ironic name in the following circumstances)

I suspect that the interview question about the cabin fire after takeoff is based upon one of the darkest days in Saudia's history when exactly that happened to an L1011 out of Riyadh in 1980. You may already know about it but if you're not familiar with this incident, it may be worth a little research. Here is a link to a summary only but there was so much more to this very tragic incident and lots available on the web.
AirDisaster.Com: Special Report: Saudi Arabian Airlines Flight 163 (http://www.airdisaster.com/special/special-sa163.shtml)

Good luck with your plans.

Flying738ng
30th Aug 2014, 13:21
Is the vacancies for capts or. Fos

fireball_23
30th Aug 2014, 14:20
The one I know is for Capts.

@starbear : Yes I knew about it, but can't remember yet all the details. I will do my research. Thank you for the tip !

and
1st Sep 2014, 17:36
Problem is not the interview ...problem is if you pass...
Then the real challenge begins..

Flying738ng
1st Sep 2014, 19:55
whts the real challenge @AND

and
2nd Sep 2014, 05:39
Paperworks,uniforms,housing,work visa and resince,bank account etc etc ,where to go what to do when ....you have to sort it out by yourself.no follow up.
At the same time you have to study really a lot and for a long period,up to 6-8 months both if you're fo or cpt.
Don't forget then in wich city you're ...

Flying738ng
2nd Sep 2014, 05:42
But ain't they gonna help you wid tht,
For sure studying and shifting to a new city is a bit tough,

and
2nd Sep 2014, 05:48
I saw yor pm think i answered already,
Unfortunately is like this,of course there are good points,salary,stability,kind of rating,quality of training,people are ok,benefit,respect....

Flying738ng
2nd Sep 2014, 05:54
All the best buddy

yellow cab
21st Sep 2014, 09:54
Hi guys
any news if saudia still hiring or not

thx

Flying738ng
21st Sep 2014, 11:25
Yes they are

yellow cab
22nd Sep 2014, 04:19
Thanx body

youli320
7th Nov 2014, 10:12
Hi,

guys what is the salary during training?

THKS

manflexsrsrwy
8th Nov 2014, 01:35
Hi Guys, any ideas as to why the website for recruitment is exclusively in Arabic ?

Is this indicative of they only want people who can read Arabic or a from that part of the world ?

Any info on A320 right seat guys and gals is appreciated

Regards,
Flexy

what_goes_up
8th Nov 2014, 07:33
Try this:

https://secure.sv.net/sv/rec/FORec/FDC2.html

And this:

https://secure.sv.net/sv/rec/FORec/applicantadd.asp

mutt
8th Nov 2014, 11:46
II. An F/O hired to the line shall required a minimum of 1,000 hours of line time or 3 years whichever comes later before being considered for Captain upgrade, provided he meets all other requirements. :ugh::ugh::ugh: Forget it, this isn't for expats!

Chocks Away
10th Nov 2014, 03:56
Interesting comment mutt, when they have one of the longest records of Expat employment in the region.
:hmm:

metro301
10th Nov 2014, 15:01
Chocks, not terrible interesting. Stability versus a fast upgrade are 2 completely different issues here.

If someone is hired as an FO they will be placed on the bottom of the seniority list. They will NOT be upgrading after 1000 hrs of line time nor 3 years.

Ask the qualified FO's that were hired back in 2005. They are still sitting in the right seat almost 10 years later.

An upgrade is possible with the business jets but don't expect it to be under a decade with the regular line operations. If guys are coming to SVA with the hopes of a fast upgrade it really is not in the cards.

Chocks Away
11th Nov 2014, 01:28
Good feedback fellas.
I think the "fast upgrade" mentality is an attribute of the egocentric GenY and GenX year groups that want everything now, without the experience/quals et all.
... I'm afraid you may have mixed my comment up with that type of thinking.
For me, a job is a job. Terms & conditions mean alot more as you grow older, as life outside flying is what it's all about... "Work to live, not live to work", I believe is the saying.

Happy landings:ok:

Flying738ng
11th Nov 2014, 02:08
Well said sir

C_Star
16th Nov 2014, 16:10
Hi guys,

Considering applying for type-rated DEC A320 position.

Can anyone shed any light on money/rosters/conditions?

Also, do they upgrade expats to widebody a/c?

mutt
16th Nov 2014, 17:37
Also, do they upgrade expats to widebody a/c? Yes in accordance with seniority so i would expect that you would have to stay there for about 20 years to get your seniority to the appropriate level.

C_Star
17th Nov 2014, 16:53
Thanks,

That's info I was lookibg for...

igig
19th Nov 2014, 12:39
Also, do they upgrade expats to widebody a/c? Yes in accordance with seniority so i would expect that you would have to stay there for about 20 years to get your seniority to the appropriate level.

Am I correct however that according to the flight time requirements if one had sufficient A320 and PIC experience based on categories then you could apply for the higher (wide body) position? In other words, A320 type rated but but enough experience to apply for D Category?

mutt
19th Nov 2014, 20:49
In other words, A320 type rated but but enough experience to apply for D Category? Sure if you meet the requirements, then aim as high as you can :)

mutt
20th Nov 2014, 08:59
This might interest some of the retirees.

* A continuation of the developmental steps of human resources sector to provide better services to the employees of "Saudia", including the provision of special services for colleagues (retired employees) and their eligible family members of the advantages granted to facilitate the communication process.
We are pleased to inform you set up a special e-mail to communicate with retired colleagues to overcome the difficulties related to the password to set system (E-business) and any other needs.
[email protected]

captainpluto
2nd Dec 2014, 01:24
Hello, can any one please share the working conditions, pay for a co pilot and the airline working atmosphere and the CRM of Saudi Capts. How is Jeddah as a city to stay?Hello, can any one please share the working conditions, pay for a co pilot and the airline working atmosphere and the CRM of Saudi Capts. How is Jeddah as a city to stay?

Jack330
28th May 2016, 15:44
I've been invited in Cairo for the CPT777 position, anyone been there lately? Could you please PM me? Thanks