PDA

View Full Version : Part 61 aero exp META?

Homesick-Angel
28th Aug 2014, 23:31
Hi.

I'm trying to find out the requirements for the issue of a META under the new system. I think it Will be called a multi engine aeroplane training endorsement, but I can't for the life of me find the hours requirements for the thing, just the licence requirements.

I have heard that the 50 hours command will now just be 50 hours dual ICUS ETC on that category (multi eng under 5700), but can't find the proof in the docs

Anyone who's better at driving the new docs than me, and has some idea on the changes..any help would be much appreciated.

Meanwhile, il keep pulling my hair out trying to find it..:ugh:

Thanks.

Kiwivator
29th Aug 2014, 00:18
Part 61, Subpart 61.t, Division 61.t.4

Multi‑engine aeroplane training endorsement

PRIVILEGES
Conduct flight training for a multi‑engine aeroplane class rating

REQUIREMENTS
Commercial pilot licence or air transport pilot licence with aeroplane category rating

Division 61.t.1

(4) A flight instructor is authorised to conduct flight training for the grant of an endorsement mentioned in column 1 of an item in Part 2 or 3 of table 61.1235 only if the instructor has conducted at least 50 hours of flight training in the activity covered by the endorsement

Soooooo take from that what you will, does the 50 hours of flight training apply to META? Who knows? But that seems to be the only thing that could apply. As for flight training does that mean duel? Can hours towards a MECIR count or is it a 50 hour course for META? I know I won't be able to pay for 50 hours duel multi.

Or maybe that 50 hours doesn't apply to the META but it looks like then all you need is a CPL and appropriate category rating, which seem ridiculously low. Considering this is supposed to be released by the end of the week I think CASA need to get their act together.

If you find out anything else let us know, I'm still waiting to hear back from CASA about the limitations of a grade 3. Looks like all Grade 3's need supervision and no Grade 3's can instruct at night. Too bad if you're a senior Grade 3 who had a NVFR, looks like you're going back under supervision and only allowed to instruct day VFR.

Let the games begin!

Homesick-Angel
29th Aug 2014, 00:47
That's about where I'd got to, but you made more sense of it than me.

From what it written there, it means we just have to have the 50 hours and can be the MECIR training and your META training, of which I assume they won't do away with the course? So DUAL,ICUS OR PIC?

From what I understand tho, any approvals You have now will be covered under the new system, but the GD 3 with night is an interesting one, as is the hours upgrade requirements.. Let's say you do your grade 2 with 499 hours of instruction, can you immediately sit the grade one after you have one more hour of instruction? No more 12 months as a GD 2?

Bloody hell. Only days away...