PDA

View Full Version : Jepp FD crashes

Jabawocky
28th Aug 2014, 02:02
Has anyone else started having crashes with Jepp FD's latest version?

Every time I try to launch the app it blinks the blue page and crashes. I have deleted and reloaded and it still crashes.

I am on the old OS as I hate downgrades of OS :E but maybe that is the bug?

Luckily from the teachings of the FTDK school of GPS devices I have two iPads and three software suites.

AvPlan, OzRunways and JeppFD.

Jepp could be about to get the flick :*

Stationair8
28th Aug 2014, 02:40
Perhaps you should be running it rich of peak?

Before the Jepp update, mine would occasionally freeze or not take another plan.

After the upgrade, it will occasionally freeze on the chart index or once the chart is up the index will not disappear.

hurlingham
28th Aug 2014, 04:05
Latest upgrade is designed for the latest OS - I have knowledge of 5 iPads that do not have a problem at all

mattyj
28th Aug 2014, 04:42
Do any jepps fd experts know why METARs and tafs slowly dissapear after downloading the app. I've loaded up 4 iPads with app and they all start off with full terminal wx but after about a month it's just international airfields only..

..jepps IT pros have got no idea either!?!

Jabawocky
28th Aug 2014, 12:08
S8….mine is running full rich and still does it :ok: Must need an EO :oh:

I think an IOS upgrade is needed. Sadly I have an iPad 2 and 3 so that might be sub optimal.

Might be time to ditch Jepp?:uhoh:

UnderneathTheRadar
28th Aug 2014, 12:11
Jepp FD is only useful for finding information that the others have lost in their ham-fisted stitching of maps together. Otherwise it's a useless app.

I got mine going last night after it downloaded over 1gb of data VERY VERY slowly

sleeve of wizard
28th Aug 2014, 18:47
Jepp FD PRO is working fine.

Jabawocky
29th Aug 2014, 10:37
I found the bug. I blissfully unaware hit the update button and the new version only works on IOS7.

Why the update was permitted to happen I do not know. DOH! DOH! :ugh:

My other iPad (the plane one) works still.