PDA

View Full Version : Personal helicopter

tuxmountain
24th Aug 2014, 21:07
Hi everybody!

I'm looking for an helicopter! I really hope to buy a 4-5 seats helicopter. I will buy an helicopter to make more hours, experience and have fun. I will fly in Alps with pax so I need a good helicopter.

I realy would like to have a EC120 because it's a nice machine for 4 pax, nice view, good cruise speed, big baggage!!! But I think that's to expensive for me!

Not that the most time I will fly alone! A EC120 it's too expencive for that and not a lot of compagnie have this helicopter in the float!

Maybe a JetRanger could be better. What do you think about? Cheaper than an EC120? Nice to have experience for finding a job after.

Did somebody have experience with this private machine? How much cost? DOC?

MD500 are realy nice, fast and funny... but no place for bagage, bad for pax.

Enstrom go to slow and not realy good for pax.

I'm lost, this is my first helicopter and a can't pay more than 600$ per hours for approximately 100h. per years.
Somebody can help me ? If that's too much expensive maybe I will take a R22. But to find a job after it's better to have more experience on a turbine?
Maybe one day I will have a AS350b3!!! :) my dream!

Thank's for help! Good flight!

cockney steve
25th Aug 2014, 10:14
If that's too much expensive maybe I will take a R22.

If you can afford to consider a "proper" machine, why on earth would you consider a machine which was designed for people who were prepared to compromise safety ,for cheapness. (who otherwise could not afford to fly)
Far better,would seem to be the Guimbal Cabri....A"proper" machine which would appear to be far more forgiving of any mishandling.

FLY 7
25th Aug 2014, 10:55
I would say, before making a very big investment, your first consideration should be learning to fly helicopters and building experience.

Then decide what 'personal helicopter' will best meet your future needs.

Although some people will say it's useful to train on the model you intend to fly long term, that's a privilege for those with big budgets.

If you would like an EC120 (and they have their pros and cons) then a Cabri G2 would be a good option for training and initial hours building. If you are thinking of a US turbine helicopter - Bell, Enstrom, Robinson, MD - then the Schweizer 300'C' or R44 R2 might be better.

tuxmountain
21st Sep 2014, 14:01
Hello everybody,
Sorry for my silence! Lot of job until october-november...

I was also looking for the Robinson R66. This is a turbine machine, 5 seats and cheaper as a EC120...

What do you thing about this machine... that should be a good machine to fly and lease for a company for exemple...

The Cabri G2 it's a nice aircraft but does not inspire me ... Maybe I do not know enough.
The problem is that I don't realy want only 2 seats... I would like to share my passion with other people! :*

Actually the finance it's a bit a problem... I've money but not enough for 4-5 seats... So I need to plan my buy and find some investissors!
Dear! you lend me some money? :ugh:

Have a nice day!

EDMJ
21st Sep 2014, 15:54
A EC120 ... not a lot of compagnie have this helicopter in the float!

Indeed, most would try to avoid that.

Go for an Apache. Don't accept compromises.

GoodGrief
21st Sep 2014, 16:47
http://www.flpno.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Trolls.jpg

tuxmountain
21st Sep 2014, 18:56
Hi world!

I just talking with a super guy with a lot of experience with helicopter. We talk long time on telephone... I think that's true! I want to be professional pilot and not really want to be CEO! And I doesn't have enough money to open a company!

With the money I will loos to buy my own helicopter and the money a loos for flying, it's better to put that on a good formation. With IFR and turbine... So now I will explore the solution and maybe just pay to fly with different type of turbine helicopter and having more experience!

What do you think about?

Have a nice day!