PDA

View Full Version : More changes at CHC

malabo
22nd Aug 2014, 05:25
Clayton, Dubilier & Rice To Invest $500 Mln In CHC Group - NASDAQ.com (http://www.nasdaq.com/article/clayton-dubilier--rice-to-invest-500-mln-in-chc-group-20140822-00005)

I can't do math early in the morning, but maybe someone can make sense of it. IPO only raised 300m and gave away 42%, for another 500m this new group gets 45%, leaving FR with 29% or minority interest.

Hope this once great company can find its compass again.

pilot and apprentice
22nd Aug 2014, 10:43
The compass was pawned for 'stock price' and 'quarterly returns'.

Hard to make sense of it because it isn't a transaction like you or I make transactions, more like mathematicians working with imaginary numbers.

Good luck on the coal face.

Boudreaux Bob
22nd Aug 2014, 11:00
The "Good Old Days" of CHC , Schreiner, and Bristow are gone.... sadly.:{

twisted wrench
22nd Aug 2014, 13:22
I am not sure what you mean by the Good Old days? You think things were better 10, 20 or 30 years ago?

Just have some new investors ( owners ) , in my years with this company first joined as Okanagan was a public company and 49% owned by Bristows, then it became CHC and went private , after a while was a public company so it could grow quicker.
Then bought by First Reserve and went private again and now is public which I figure was to achieve the same thing to grow the company and find new investment. Appears that has worked.

The good old days was mostly a fleet of old helicopters with a odd new one bought from time to time. Since First Reserve took over in 2008 the fleet has acquired many new aircraft and retired a lot of old ones and many more new aircraft are coming.
Company is now running:
One of the largest S92 fleets in the World
One of the largest AW139 fleets in the World
One of the largest Airbus 225 fleets in the world
One of the largest S76 fleets in the world ( some of the oldest aircraft in the fleet)

With being with this company 29 years and yes we had some good old days but I much prefer where we are now and where we might be going.
No I am not a manager but just a field ( touring) engineer

pohm1
22nd Aug 2014, 14:53
In 27 years, nowhere that I've worked has been 'as good as it used to be.' :confused:

P1