PDA

View Full Version : Naples Air Center

mad_jock
21st Aug 2014, 03:36
http://easa.europa.eu/system/files/dfu/PTO_live_activity_list_23_07_16_00%20%28restricted%20%26%20i nvalid%29.DNO_.pdf

Naples has had its approvals removed by EASA from the 12th.

They are still advertising EASA courses.

If you are about to go be warned that you won't be able to get a EASA license there.

If you were thinking about going don't pay them a deposit and cross them off the list.

And if your already there good luck your going to need it.

Personally I think its only a matter of time before all of them in FL loose their approvals.

zondaracer
21st Aug 2014, 07:39
It's about time for those pirates.

fa2fi
21st Aug 2014, 09:26
If anyone is thinking of going for EASA training then search the forums for what happened with EASA/Ormond Beach Aviation when they lost approval and continued training students.

mad_jock
21st Aug 2014, 09:35
it appears from another post By Beagle on the subject.

http://www.pprune.org/private-flying/544997-intensive-ppl-site-accommodation-nice-location-2.html#post8617810

That they are intent to shut all of them down by simply screwing them on keeping the approvals.

MCDU2
21st Aug 2014, 09:52
Bring back Richard is what I say. Oh how I miss him throwing his toys out of school when anyone dared to question his wee school. On a more positive note his contributions to the computer forum were excellent.

fa2fi
21st Aug 2014, 19:03
I must admit I'm liking the new EASA approach. For years probably the worst flying school ever existed despite many serious complaints for the CAA to do very little whatsoever. EASA come along and there's a list of a half dozen revoked/suspended approvals including two in FL.

ImSoFly
17th Sep 2014, 16:47
Does anyone from NAC care to comment on this?

What is the chances of them getting this EASA status back?

ImSoFly
18th Sep 2014, 03:00
Does any one from Naples care to reply?

They are still advertising EASA training. Surely this is false advertising if they can't provide this?

mad_jock
18th Sep 2014, 07:23
it originates from the states so as such there is nothing anyone can do.

Flyboy_Josh
19th Sep 2014, 01:47
I'm at the school currently. They did lose it apparently as they wanted to move away from EASA. They got tired of the way they were being treated apparently. They had a plan to operate under the CAA or something. Word in the air is EASA doesn't like the EASA training being done outside of Europe. So they do what they can to ruin EASA schools in America. Just what I hear and read. Anyone care to add?

RichardH
19th Sep 2014, 08:10
Flyboy - sounds like you are being spun a yarn. This company was very keen to be JAA/EASA at one time.

It is true that JAA never intended approval outside JAA land but somebody in the UK CAA did give approval about 10 years ago and started the ball rolling.

MCDU2
19th Sep 2014, 09:25
The fundamental point about the EU is to keep everything "intra" within the membership. The CAA afaik were the only member state to approve training to be conducted outside of its territory. Some cynical people would say that it was a win win for both the CAA and the larger integrated schools. Inspectors escaped the cold winter in J class to Florida and the schools and students benefited from continuity of basic training by virtue of better weather. The CAA couldn't be seen to favour one school over the other so you ended up with others that jumped onto the bandwagon and sought approval.

If you stand back and look at it in the cold light of day it was really a farcical situation in the earlier years. Schools would have some young FAA hotshot kid with 200hrs training a jar student supposedly to a different standard but had no idea what that standard was. Statistics would lead one to assume that said hotshot wouldn't have possessed a passport and been unlikely to identify where blighty was on a map:)

Flyboy_Josh
19th Sep 2014, 16:43
Getting a bit worried. The license was revoked the 12th of the July. I was doing the ATPL Groundschool during that time. I took the exams between August 4th and 7th. And I received the certificate of completion dated the 25th of July.

What does that mean for my exam sittings and my certificate??

Genghis the Engineer
21st Sep 2014, 10:08
I doubt that anybody here knows with any certainty. I would recommend that you urgently go and have a conversation with the licencing people at your national authority.

mad_jock
21st Sep 2014, 10:11
if they have allowed you to take the exams I suspect your OK.

If you have been issued your results its best just to keep your mouth shut.

BigGrecian
22nd Sep 2014, 12:33
if they have allowed you to take the exams I suspect your OK.

Disagree. The UK CAA behaved the same when flyEASA closed. They then had to reject all the training which they previously accepted :
IN-2013/152: Applications for licences, ratings or certificates for applicants who trained with Euro American School of Aviation Inc (Florida, USA) | Publications | About the CAA (http://www.caa.co.uk/application.aspx?catid=33&pagetype=65&appid=11&mode=detail&id=5777)

mad_jock
22nd Sep 2014, 15:55
Difference is this time the CAA have screwed up by allowing the person to pay and sit the exams.

And now they have the exams passed what can they do with it?

itsbrokenagain
25th Sep 2014, 03:26
this sounds like a USA lawyers wet dream... I wonder how many law suits are on the door from students against NAC?

B2N2
25th Sep 2014, 16:04
Is it finally time yet?

http://www.dietdiva.com/sites/default/files/1215-feature-champagne-bottle-popped.jpg

:D