PDA

View Full Version : Bankstown Engineering Business

Draggertail
18th Aug 2014, 08:58
Hi Guys, does anyone know if Wiltshire Engineering Company Pty Ltd of Bankstown Airport is still in business? Phone numbers listed online are disconnected but the company is still listed as a business at the airport.

Thanks.

truthinbeer
18th Aug 2014, 09:08
You could give the airport manager a call to check.
Sydney Metro Airports Bankstown and Camden
3 Avro Street
Bankstown Airport NSW 2200

Tel: (02) 9796 2300

Horatio Leafblower
19th Aug 2014, 03:53
Dragger,

Not long ago there would have been 3000 pilots on here able to tell you.

If you haven't found out by 3pm I will walk up the road from the terminal and stick my head in the door.

Welders, aren't they?

sms777
19th Aug 2014, 04:53
They used to overhaul and manufactor fuel system related components like fuel pumps, selectors, injection systems, carby's etc. Very talented family owned business. I pumped a lot of money into them in my aircraft owners days.
Let us know if they still there Leafy!....:ok:

Draggertail
19th Aug 2014, 08:00
Thanks guys. Rang the Airport operator. They stated they thought they were still tenants but the phone number supplied was disconnected. Have asked a mate of a mate to have a look. Doesn't look all that promising.

truthinbeer
19th Aug 2014, 11:18
Total lack of professionalism that the operator does not know sh*t about their tenants. Guess that says it all...

gerry111
19th Aug 2014, 13:17
truthinbeer,

I'm in no way ever going to be a supporter of BAL. But in all fairness to them, they would be rather unwise to tell you any more than they did.

Generally, landlords have a pretty good idea of what's going on?

Or at least they should. :uhoh:

dhavillandpilot
20th Aug 2014, 03:50
Daggertail

If you are looking for someone to do work like Wilshires then I can recommend David Squirrel down at Wilton.

Reasonable prices and good turn around times

Draggertail
21st Aug 2014, 01:59
Wiltshire Engineering still exist! Appears the phone system was playing up earlier this week.