PDA

View Full Version : Norwegian recruiting cadets!!!

Pages : [1] 2

EC DKN
16th Aug 2014, 12:13
Norwegian Air Shuttle ASA Pilots

FIRST OFFICERS NON TYPERATED B737

We are now looking for FIRST OFFICERS NON TYPERATED B737

Minimum requirements for first officers:

Self-sponsored / sponsored via agency
Accept to be simulator checked
Valid Part-FCL CPL (A) and IR(A) ME
Valid Part-MED Medical Class 1
Minimum 100 hrs Pilot in Command PIC
Valid frozen ATPL theory
English, written and spoken, (Language proficiency ‘’ICAO’’ level 4 or higher)
Preferably educated from an FTO offering integrated course or other ‘’single education site’’ offering ’’JET Orientation’’ and/or ‘’Multi Crew Cooperation Course MCC’’ on relevant type
No criminal record or accidents
THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS

The first step is to fill out and submit your application. You will then receive an e-mail confirming the receipt of your application.

During the recruitment process, a number of chosen applicants fulfilling our requirements will be contacted via e-mail. The process will consist of different interviews and online tests. Norwegian will as part of the recruitment process contact your references for a background review.

Norwegian is an equal opportunities employer. Applications for employment can only be made through the channels detailed on this website. Please note that due to the high volume of assessments, Norwegian operates a policy of not providing reasons or explanations to unsuccessful applicants after assessment.

immelmann87
16th Aug 2014, 13:03
What kind of "certificate" do they want under the attachments section? Is it about medical?

Skydreamer1
16th Aug 2014, 14:03
I attached my IR, which has the RT Cert and my ratings on it.

immelmann87
17th Aug 2014, 09:56
EMBD TS,

the second tab was asking for a valid Medical, so I think they meant some kind of other certificate. I have put my license scan there, but as You mentioned, it was not mandatory attachment.

I think that many low-hour guys will struggle with the 150 hrs in last year requirement.

Good luck to all.

Cedarjet80
17th Aug 2014, 11:20
Preferably educated from an FTO offering integrated course or other ‘’single education site’’ offering ’’JET Orientation’’ and/or ‘’Multi Crew Cooperation Course MCC’’ on relevant type

Do they mean by this that in the case of modular training they prefer all training, from PPL to MCC/JOC, to be done in one school?

ArmApp
17th Aug 2014, 15:18
how much would be the type rating?????

speed_alive_rotate
17th Aug 2014, 16:06
Surely couldn't be anymore than other LCC!! At least there is a job at the end of it, all going to plan.

Dash-Driver
17th Aug 2014, 17:16
Hey folks out there,

maybe a "dumb" question but do they mean a self sponsored typerating or the costs for assessment like hotel, proceeding etc.?
i wonder because of the term "sponsored via agency" at the end, which is most commonly used if someone is unemployed and covered by jobagency, at least in Germany.
Not really asking for myself but for some former flight trainees of me, who i try to help wherever i can :sad:

good luck and happy landings to you

dboy
18th Aug 2014, 10:13
Did you guys get a confirmation mail after submitting your application?

stn
18th Aug 2014, 10:18
Did you guys get a confirmation mail after submitting your application?

Yes I did.

Fanor
18th Aug 2014, 10:31
I just received an invite to an online assessment. Best of luck to all.

Anunaki
18th Aug 2014, 11:02
Fanor,
Do you have 150hrs in the last year?trying to get an idea who they'll call first :ok:

ValePilot
18th Aug 2014, 11:35
I just received an invite to an online assessment. Best of luck to all.

Wow! In only one day!

calumog
18th Aug 2014, 11:39
I tried applying for this position but when i go to upload a profile pic it wont work? Even tho it is a JPEG which is apparently acceptable? Anyone else have this problem?

dboy
18th Aug 2014, 11:43
I also had problems in uploading documents. I always had the message that my session expired. Just keep on trying. It eventually will work.

Fanor
18th Aug 2014, 12:00
@anunaki

No i don't. Must be a random process.

BShute
18th Aug 2014, 12:10
I too just received the email regarding the online assessments.
CPL/MEIR+MCC+JOC
212 hours flight + 44 hours CAT D 737ng sim.

I havent completed 150 hours in the previous year though, due to finishing my training back in October 2012.

Kappa87
18th Aug 2014, 12:11
I received the mail for the online assesment today and I've applied 2 days ago.
If someone has alredy completed the test can give some tips about it?
Thanks!!
PS: Modular and dind't have 150 hrs in the last year!

antes56
18th Aug 2014, 13:14
All of you guys have Joc done on 737?....where did you?

BShute
18th Aug 2014, 13:21
antes56, I did my JOC with PanAm international in Miami.

I have now completed 2 of the 4 assessments but am going to complete the other two tomorrow. It seems the server has slowed down considerably, (possibly due to many people receiving the email this morning and trying to complete it at the same time), and as some are timed assessments, I will see if its any faster tomorrow.

dirk85
18th Aug 2014, 14:08
Is a mouse required to do the test or a laptop with trackpad is enough?
I ask specifically for the multitasking test, the other ones seem to be questionnaires kind of things.

BShute
18th Aug 2014, 14:18
Dirk85, I believe you probably could get away with just the trackpad, if you are fairly confident with it - but I found it easier putting a mouse into my laptop. See how you get on with the examples, it does require a fair amount of moving around quickly, along with clicking and dragging etc

Skydreamer1
18th Aug 2014, 14:19
Hi guys received the invitation this morning, Modular student, no type, haven't done 150 hrs in the past 12 months. A mouse is recommended for one of the tests but I used the trackpad with no issues at all. All 4 will take roughly an hour to complete. Heres hoping! Good luck everybody. :ok:

dirk85
18th Aug 2014, 14:23
If I could just try the example to see if with the trackpad it is doable it would be great, but I do not know if it is possible.

I remember in the easyjet test with the spacial orientation the mouse was essential, but I think we are talking of something different here.

finalcheck
18th Aug 2014, 14:36
Is this a multitasking, orientation, mental maths and so on test? Or is it ATPL knowledge? Or both?

Skydreamer1
18th Aug 2014, 16:36
It's multitasking orientation and mental maths. Some verbal reasoning and situational scenarios no atpl knowledge

Delta_Charlie
18th Aug 2014, 19:12
Hi guys,

Did anyone take the online test?
Should be a test made by the same company that is working for easyJet, is called "cut-e". Can you choose your language for the verbal reasoning?

Please share your experience. We are here for that.. Thanks

Turbavykas
18th Aug 2014, 20:06
I tried applying for this position but when i go to upload a profile pic it wont work? Even tho it is a JPEG which is apparently acceptable? Anyone else have this problem?

Rename it to ".jpeg". Don't use ".JPEG" :)

natis
18th Aug 2014, 20:12
Hi,

I did the test a few days ago. Going on the Cut-e website on the ''free online assessment'' page will give you a good idea of what it is, at least for the verbal part.

cut-e: Free Online Assessments (http://www.cut-e.com/online-assessment/free-online-assessments/)

Yes, you can choose your language for verbal. But this one is still very difficult, maybe the most difficult in my opinion. It's about finding information within 6 texts about a company strategy or anything... The thing is, you won't be able to read it entirely. Far from it !

Multitasking is about doing something with your mouse and keyboard while verifying some quick calculation, like: 6+7-9+3=8 ? You have to click on Yes or No. In the same time you have to check if a chain of letter contains the same letter twice, for exemple GJLPGZK. Again you have to click on Yes or No.

The other parts are non-timed assessments about your personality for the first one, and about your pilot behavior for the other one. Not very stressful as you got timeeee... And there is no wrong answer... haha. According to the HR guys. Not so sure about it...

For example you will got: ''Do you like competing with other people ? '' for the personality test. 3 answers are displayed and you have 6 points to allocate to those answers, whether you like it or no.

For the situational test, you will got some basic questions like: ''You are flying with a very experienced captain who decide to descend below minimums, how do you react ? '' Again 3 answers are displayed and you have to allocate points.

good luck

Kappa87
18th Aug 2014, 20:34
Thank you very much, you alredy know if you passed?

ValePilot
19th Aug 2014, 05:58
Do you think that all people who sent the application, got the email for online tests?

schweizer2
19th Aug 2014, 06:01
Not everyone, I can confirm this as I haven't received the invitation for online test. :{

800TT, 150 hours+ in last 12 months, MCC/JOC, 0 Jet time.

b737air
19th Aug 2014, 07:01
I have received the invitation few minutes ago.

350 TT, don't have 150 hours in the past 12 months, MCC/JOC, Integrated student

Aquafina1
19th Aug 2014, 07:17
Received invitation this morning. I haven't the time to do them yet and I will struggle to find the time to fit them in as the deadline is 3 days from email receipt :eek:

1540TT
1260 P2 TP
0 Jet
NTR
MCC
no JOC

Currently employed as FO on TP.

Like eJ I guess they won't look at CVs until after passing these online tests.

Cedmat
19th Aug 2014, 07:46
Just received the mail for the online assessment. I've applied the 15th.

242h TT, don't have the 150h in the past 12 months, MCC/JOC and modular training. :)

nicob
19th Aug 2014, 08:48
Hi,

received also the invitation today.
Applied on the 15th.

3300 TT
1800 PIC
Non rated, full Turbo Prop, 38 years old.

Good luck everybody.

luc753
19th Aug 2014, 09:10
Strange. I have received the asking to make the invitation only one day later. A lot of my friends received the invitation.... So, i think they are checking the cv after....

Kappa87
19th Aug 2014, 09:26
Done the multitasking test, I found it very tough but seems that went pretty good...Now I have to do the verbal reasoning and that's it!

Allioth
19th Aug 2014, 09:48
Hi guys,

Applied on Sunday afternoon, got the online assessment invitation this morning (Tuesday).

204TT, CPL/IR/ME/MCC, no 150h in the last year, 34 years old...

For the guys who've done the verbal reasoning... how many questions have you managed to answer? My total was an appalling 13 out of the total 45 :ugh::ugh::ugh:(I think it was 45, wasn't it?)

The instructions were saying that you wouldn't be able to finish the test, but 13 looks REALLY bad...

Thanks in advance.

dboy
19th Aug 2014, 09:53
If the verbal was really that difficult, i think 13 is still good. If you didn't make too many errors ofcourse.

Allioth
19th Aug 2014, 10:05
I don't think it was THAT difficult, but you've only got (I think) 12 minutes, so read the question (10 seconds?), find the relevant tab, which is not always clear (maybe 20 seconds), read through the various chapters in order to find what you're looking for (another 20 seconds at least?)... so I was around one minute per question...

Don't know... we'll see...

Good luck to anyone else :)

1RED2GREENS
19th Aug 2014, 10:06
I also receive the online assessment today, applied aug 14th, frozened atpl with hours on type, cpl, me/ir, mcc and many hours to total 1140 TT.

Cygnet720
19th Aug 2014, 10:51
I have applied on 16th and as well received the request to complete the tests.

As I just finished them I have to say that indeed the verbal reasoning was the hardest I've had so far especially if you compare it to easy jet cabin crew one which was of absolutely the same structure, but considerably easier to understand and manage around text.

The multi tasking exercise I found to be quite a fun, but again I am really good with numbers, but cannot say the same about the letters bit. Did everything simuntaniously, but still managed to do an amount of mistakes in the letter bit. Not feeling my best about the results.

Overall, just don't rush as much as I did;) and good luck everyone

too_much
19th Aug 2014, 10:51
I have applied & revived invitation for online tests
4,500 hrs 650 PIC B737-400

Allioth
19th Aug 2014, 11:03
Hi Cygnet,

I had exactly the same issues... No problems with the equations, but I've done a few mistakes with the letters in the multi-tasking part...

How many questions did you manage to answer in the verbal assessment???

Cheers!

calumog
19th Aug 2014, 11:21
Thanks Turbavykas that worked!

Cygnet720
19th Aug 2014, 11:26
Hey Allioth,

Not too many about 15 I'd recon. I cannot guarantee that I unswered them all correctly as I was unsure about 2 or 3 of them

Kappa87
19th Aug 2014, 11:28
I made 3 mistakes on the letters and one on equation, but i've done at least 20 questions so I think that is not that bad!

Allioth
19th Aug 2014, 11:30
Thanks... that makes me feel better... (not in a bad way for you, of course :))

Good luck and let's see how it goes...

Regards!

Taxitothegate
19th Aug 2014, 13:08
Just received my invitation, after applying yesterday.
Finished my integrated course in 2012, so no 150 hrs in the past year for me.
Will do the test tomorrow!! Good luck to all of you guys/girls:ok:

Scotlad
19th Aug 2014, 13:35
I did the assessment yesterday evening. Thought the reasoning was pretty hard. Managed to get 25 of the questions done, but i think its about how many you get right, not how many you do.

I have 500TT, 150+ in the last 12 months, MCC and JOC completed.

mmbogdan
19th Aug 2014, 13:59
Anyone interested in preparing for the cut e tests pm

marcoBCN
19th Aug 2014, 14:11
Applied 3 days ago, I've recived the online assesment this morning..

modular training, 230hours +65 sim hours, level 5, glider license, towing glider rating.. MCC but no JOC :8

Ignacio_cadiz
19th Aug 2014, 15:01
does anyone know which is next step? or when we will have the results?

Marchisio
19th Aug 2014, 15:35
Is it possible to prepare for the test? Or is the questions/tests of a character where it does not matter. Any advice before doing the tests?

Joons31
19th Aug 2014, 15:40
Just do it. You will get an an introduction, some examples and afterwards the tests. Be honest, concentrated and it should be alright.

nicob
19th Aug 2014, 16:36
There is no more closing date for applications on the website......initially october.....

perikitovolador
19th Aug 2014, 16:56
26, 1400TT, 1200h turboprop... the Online Assesment was pretty similar to Easyjet´s one but shorter! I hope I passed it.

Anyone has received any kind of feedback?

Good luck

Eyon
19th Aug 2014, 20:54
Done a few practice Cut-e verbal reasoning. I'd like to believe my English language skills are quite good, but I fail miserably on every single one I do. A little concerned to do the real thing right away.

Anyone able to compare cut-e to the real deal?

SkyHigh91
19th Aug 2014, 21:27
Also completed all 4 tests. I found them pretty good to do.
I have 162 hours TT, integrated training including MCC, age 22.

iFreighter
20th Aug 2014, 08:39
Integrated course + MCC - 162TT? Em... What kind of training is it? :confused:

finswe
20th Aug 2014, 09:12
Hi,

I completed all four tests yesterday as well. For me (too) the verbal test was the hardest one.

251 TT, integrated, MCC, no type, 27 years

Anyone know the next step of the recruitment if successful? Thanks in advance! :)

Kappa87
20th Aug 2014, 09:36
I think that the next step if succesful, will be the real interview and sim ride!

ValePilot
20th Aug 2014, 09:52
Of course...but I'm curious among all of this people, how could they start to call for interview!

Kappa87
20th Aug 2014, 10:06
I think that they are storing all the results and then will let everybody know. I remember that for easyjet the results were sent almost immediatly!

worldoffe
20th Aug 2014, 10:12
All this reminds me of Are Lingus somehow

dirk85
20th Aug 2014, 10:21
Same exact test as Aer Lingus and Easyjet, including verbal reasoning.

Luckily no spacial orientation, that was a pain in the ass.

colemanwings23
20th Aug 2014, 10:54
Hi,

I've already completed the on-line assesment, and one of the subjets, appears to be blocked and not done and sent, with that green v shape mark

Does anyone have had the same issue? is it normal?

Thank you beforehand.

upthere
20th Aug 2014, 10:54
All this reminds me of Are Lingus somehow

My thoughts exactly. Would not get hopes up yet just because they invited you to do the online assessments. := ;)

Does anyone know the whole recruitment process? Pay, training salary (silly question??) and base options (another silly question?). :ok:

Love_joy
20th Aug 2014, 10:57
Invitation to assesment recieved about 5 hours after I applied. Just need to get home to some decent WiFi and I'll crack on with it.

4200 TT
1000 Jet
3200 TP
Non 73 rated, but exceptionally good looking :E

ValePilot
20th Aug 2014, 11:18
Would not get hopes up yet just because they invited you to do the online assessments I think in the same way. I am realist...and ever if the test were good, there are too many people in the "pool"!

BAe 146-100
20th Aug 2014, 12:27
Like all the schemes all of European unemployed pilots are going to jump all over it, for about 20 vacancies, good luck indeed!!

SkyHigh91
20th Aug 2014, 13:08
Integrated course + MCC - 162TT? Em... What kind of training is it?

Forgot to include my sim time in there ;)

Anunaki
20th Aug 2014, 13:22
I wonder what would be the criteria.My speculation is, a mean average of the results in the four tests. Then That figure needs to hit a benchmark(Like OAA's compass 32 overall points mark).

Then they look at the CV and cover letter,check against the psychological profile the test 1 and 4 gave?

I don't know,that's the only way I can see this be done with so many applicants.If Wizzair had over 2000 applications,I wonder how many will NAS get…

I'm a realist too,not expecting a response.Specially after that verbal reasoning exam.

ValePilot
20th Aug 2014, 13:29
What's happened with your verbal?

Tom!
20th Aug 2014, 13:38
Forgot to include my sim time in there

You do know you're not supposed to include any sim time as total time in a job application. Put it separate. :ok:
Just a pet peeve of mine.

(also reference this thread: http://www.pprune.org/professional-pilot-training-includes-ground-studies/544064-logging-flight-time.html )

thejoker.
20th Aug 2014, 14:03
what kind of sim ride would they assess a non type-rated cadet for?

And any info about their interview questions? especially the technical questions?

Anunaki
20th Aug 2014, 14:15
What's happened with your verbal?

Valepilot, it sucked :}

I managed to complete 21 out of 49 and I'm not sure about 9 at least.Not expecting much.
And I thought my english was good…that knocked me out a notch or two :E

stn
20th Aug 2014, 14:34
Integrated course + MCC - 162TT? Em... What kind of training is it?

One of the key points of the integrated training is that one doesn't study same things over and over again as modular students (like for example I did). Correct me if I'm wrong, but I recall that something around 160 hours TT is the minimum students get from these courses.

ValePilot
20th Aug 2014, 17:09
In my opinion, this will be only a wasting time!:ugh::ugh:

faacfilookingforajob
20th Aug 2014, 17:20
With all the Boeing pilots here looking for a job , one thing is sure, they want fill their pockets by selling you type ratings (like Ryanair) . So be ready to hang out your master card.

Trent1000
20th Aug 2014, 19:10
Dammit, have been working for the last 4 days, no time to check this out. But still I applied. All in all it reminds me of the Aer Lingus applications as well, as far as i read all your comments about the online assessment etc.
But anyway, at least there is another chance to aply somewhere. Good luck to all of you.

SkyHigh91
20th Aug 2014, 20:56
You do know you're not supposed to include any sim time as total time in a job application. Put it separate.
Just a pet peeve of mine.

(also reference this thread: Logging of Flight Time )
Thanks for the link. Sometimes it's quite difficult which time to include and which time not, in my CV it's all split :)

shorpilot
20th Aug 2014, 21:22
Completed my online assessment on Monday had a call today inviting me for an interview in Oslo :ok::E:eek:

Cedmat
20th Aug 2014, 22:44
Congrats! :D

What's the date of your interview?

Good luck for the future!

Aleboni
20th Aug 2014, 22:47
What is your experience??

Ignacio_cadiz
21st Aug 2014, 06:56
can you tell us what is your experience and if they have told you how the interview will go on?
thanks

calumog
21st Aug 2014, 07:51
Shorpilot, Did they ask you anything specific on the phone call or just invite you?

ValePilot
21st Aug 2014, 08:02
3 days between online assessment and call??? What's this?

ValePilot
21st Aug 2014, 08:42
Have you been called Zorro???

RickNRolled
21st Aug 2014, 08:44
I did the tests yesterday. 230h total time, 737 Rated

The Verbal Reasoning was really hard. Only finished 10/49 :(

Not expecting much..

Kiekster85
21st Aug 2014, 09:05
I made the tests yesterday. VR 21 out of 45, but no idea how many (in)correct.
For the rest an allright overall feeling. Fingers crossed!:8

dirk85
21st Aug 2014, 09:31
Completed my online assessment on Monday had a call today inviting me for an interview in Oslo

http://www.geschenke-trolle.de/prodima/840115.jpg

finalcheck
21st Aug 2014, 09:43
Just completed the online test.

I made 3 or 4 mistakes with the letters in the multitasking exercise and 1 mistake in mental maths.

I managed to progress to 29 or 30 questions in verbal reasoning, but I'm not sure of some answers.

Keeping fingers crossed, but honestly, I'm not too optimistic ...

BTW: 470 hours TT on SEP and MEP, 80 on simulators, MCC and JOC.

Lightbringer
21st Aug 2014, 09:46
ATPL
TT1500+
MPO 1000+
MCC
B737 TR

Got internet tests...

Anunaki
21st Aug 2014, 09:56
Dirk85,
My thoughts exactly!

marcus1290
21st Aug 2014, 10:17
Yeah, I'm with you guys @dirk85 @Anunaki!

SkyHigh91
21st Aug 2014, 10:32
The email says: "We will be in contact shortly after the application process has closed"

So probably it will take some time before anyone will hear something

ValePilot
21st Aug 2014, 12:29
The email containing the link for online tests, I am start thinking that is automatic! :}

The email says: "We will be in contact shortly after the application process has closed"
Thus, that guy is joking?

Cptwtlee
21st Aug 2014, 14:18
How many VR questions did you complete ? I completed 23 ( accurately )

Multitasking - I landed 56 aircraft none crashed - 43 equations got 1 one wrong

This just interests me >

How did you all weight your questions ie from the 6 credits - did you weight them fairly across all answers?

1 o o
2 o
3 o o o

or did you prioritize the best answer with 5 or even 6 credits

Have you thought applying only 2 credits to an answer is interpreted as only being an importance of level 2 not 6 - ???

I answered mine how i felt was most accurate but would like to hear your views ?

alicko
21st Aug 2014, 14:35
they didn't contact anybody , I guarantee it

ValePilot
21st Aug 2014, 14:49
Are you really sure? Because I think the same thing. Nobody has been called, except that guy...but after only 3 days is strange!

alicko
21st Aug 2014, 15:30
:=:= it can't be true

W4L
21st Aug 2014, 16:07
Hi,

Has anyone completed the online tests for Norwegian recently?

Anunaki
21st Aug 2014, 16:14
Listen, It doesn't make sense, unless he had some abnormal results on the test, And/or, the people who got called are not contributors to this forum(possible still)except him. Having said that, it was too fast, he was obviously trolling…first post too,never came back to back his claims.So relax...

I'm speculating that they must have got over 2000 applicants,easy!!(that's using logic,comparing the numbers Wizzair and Flybe got) I doubt they would get an overall view of the right candidates to call that quick.

Cptwtlee,

That's a personality profile test.Whatever other candidates did won't matter,and shouldn't matter. It was very clear in the test instructions that you should have answered it in the best and most honest way as possible. After all,they want to see you. It doesn't really matter how you spread out the points as long as you felt it reflected the way you act daily(test 1), Or what you feel it would be the right way to act (test 4).You probably shot yourself in the feet but trying to manipulate the result. Normaly they know what they are doing and they will see right through it mate…

I had people sending me private messages asking me about what comes on the verbal reasoning test, please stop. It is a competition, why on earth would I put you in a privileged position against me, when I need a job so much? Serioulsy….

S7EVIN
21st Aug 2014, 16:40
I had people sending me private messages asking me about what comes on the verbal reasoning test, please stop. It is a competition, why on earth would I put you in a privileged position against me, when I need a job so much? Serioulsy….

Congrats, that is what CRM is all about. :ok:

Anunaki
21st Aug 2014, 16:51
Congrats, that is what CRM is all about

Can't believe you said that, if there was sarcasm,nothing surprises me anymore with pilots and their sense of entitlement.

No, CRM is also about effective use of the resources available. There are plenty of information on the internet, plus some shared over here. No one would go in-depth on the content of the questions in the test,unless they are stupid. It is a position open for very few jobs, hence the use of the word "competition". When I did it,and a lot of others too,we had to find out as we gone through,so should others,is that difficult to understand?Or are you one of those who think the world owes you and it is our duty to tell you ?

I shared as much as I could.SOmeone said the structure of the tests and I think that's fair,nothing more.People should refrain to ask me what's on the text used for the verbal reasoning, as I am giving others tools to perform at a higher standard than I did.Or am I crazy for saying that??at least I'm honest,that's how I feel!! After you finished the exam,would you splash all over the forum ,word by word,what was on the VR exam?knowing people would used to practice and then beat you later?C'mon...

Cptwtlee
21st Aug 2014, 16:59
Definitley answered it the way i felt was correct - only started to over analyse it 5 hrs after the event. :ok:

but its a good point for discussion on how we all approach and perceive things...

Question was ?

Do you think only applying 2 credits to a question values it at only 2 out 6 of importance

EC DKN
21st Aug 2014, 17:04
I am happy for all of you! PPL from Barcelona wishing to become a fATPL pilot in the UK.

S7EVIN
21st Aug 2014, 17:11
Do you really think that what will make you go further in the process is the score on the verbal reasoning test?

I do not know you but personally I doubt about the utility of these kind of tests in assessing if someone could or could not be a capable pilot.

Sharing the informations will help people getting all the same score thus making this kind of tests useless.

Otherwise they should be random or the company should clearly state to do not share informations with others. If they are not and if they do not, well...:E

You say nothing surprises you anymore about pilots, I could say the same, good old battle of the have-nots.

Anunaki
21st Aug 2014, 17:15
It looks like you are not that immune to stress
Sure, you can always lecture me on how to maintain my cool when you hear "kids" expecting you to handle them the "candy" in a platter,this is the adult world,want something,got get it.

So,teach me how to be immune to stress? I'll tell you that I am doing considerably well under the circumstances…

So what makes me popular here?do you want me to share the best technique to do the multi-task test?or the data on the VR test?want a glass of milk and cookies too?perhaps I will read you a bed time story since you guys feel so fragile in this bad,wolf dominated adult world of aviation. :E:

Don't care what you think.When there's something I can help people with I help.All I ask is to stop bugging me with stupid,inconsiderate questions.Go fight your battles like I fight mine and don't expect people to just extend a red carpet to you.It is THAT simple.

p.s- Isn't it obvious that this type of information should not be shared?Did you read the disclaimer before start?Didn't it say that YOU should Answer it,and honestly,information not to be shared? please...clearly never worked in HR,I have seen this type of tests in my last job and you would be surprised how much weight they put in it.

dirk85
21st Aug 2014, 17:19
Please also stop to send me private messages.
If I have to say something I will share it here for the benefit of everybody. Not that I have much to say for that matter...

Plus why on earth do people think I was invited in Oslo for the interview?
That ain't me buddies!
And sure I dont remember ever saying that...

Anunaki
21st Aug 2014, 17:24
Dirk85,

You are not the only one receiving messages. That's what I was trying to say here, if there's something I feel it benefits everyone I will share it.But I won't share details of the exam like many asked, except the structure/how it goes.

I haven't heard back either ,when I do ,I share. That's what I mean't by people with sense of entitlement,gets irritating after a while.Relax boys :ok:

Alicko, Shame you didn't bother to read my full message, and failed to spot I was referring to people sending me private messages!!Did you send me any??no, so It wasn't for you was it?I'm a good talker and you are a terrible reader...

saab340pilot87
21st Aug 2014, 18:25
Hey,

Guys, I agree to your conversations lately, people SHOULD care for them self and fight for their own jobs in the most honest way there is. I usually never ask anyone else about an assessment, cause I think HR will recon if you've been informed about test details etc.
You still have to know what to expect for the assessment though, what sort of interview, multi task test, personality test and so on, but knowing what sort of questions there is on a test and you're arriving to an interview/assessment with the answers already on the tip of your tongue, that will shine through. I think it'll just harm yourself. Keep it simple and don't ask for too details, please.

PS. You really don't have to share private messages in here, that's not good manners. Keep your personal fights to each other.

Good luck to all of you who applied and did the online test! I did it yesterday.
(1300TT, 500 PIC, 1100TP-hrs)

RickNRolled
21st Aug 2014, 22:13
Any other swedes here that has done the tests? If so.. were you able to select swedish for the VR test ? I almost selected Norwegian at first, but then I went with English..

dboy
22nd Aug 2014, 07:51
Did the test. Was almost the same as easyjet's. Waiting for the reply now.

aloa326
22nd Aug 2014, 08:31
Did the test Yesterday...in somehow remind me the Lufthansa Italia DLR...now waiting for the result.

finswe
22nd Aug 2014, 10:23
Anyone know the place where the type rating will be held if one gets that far during this process?

annita
22nd Aug 2014, 10:46
Multi-tasking all correct except 2
24 answers on verbal reasoning
Quest. Done
300 hrs tt
MCC
fluent in Norwegian

Should we get an email AFTER done with the test?

WingsAndWoody
22nd Aug 2014, 15:12
Still nobody received any feedback from the online assessment?

Tomuhho
22nd Aug 2014, 16:06
Guys how long you waited for invitation to on-line assessment? I've sent my application Aug. 19th and so far any answer just a confirmation of receiving.

GeorgeHarrison
22nd Aug 2014, 18:31
Honestly, I doubt they'll be counting and summing up the right answers. Anyway, I wouldn't put too much effort on understanding that test. There's no right or wrong; either your personality matches their criteria or it doesn't, not a quiz indeed.

Did they get back to anyone? As far as I know, only a guy (potential troll as you mentioned yesterday) received an answer

pilotpete123
23rd Aug 2014, 11:15
Does anyone know whether the 100hrs PIC excludes SPIC and PICU/S?

finswe
23rd Aug 2014, 11:51
@GH Nope.. I completed the tests last tuesday. Thumbs up for everyone!

aloa326
23rd Aug 2014, 14:01
At the end of my email "We will be in contact shortly after the application process has closed. "

So be patience and the people ok with the online assestment will be called in October.

ValePilot
23rd Aug 2014, 15:00
So be patience and the people ok with the online assestment will be called in October

If you mean closing of the non type rated scheme, it was in October, but now is N/A.:=

flyleaf
23rd Aug 2014, 19:32
does anyone knows the name of the recruiter to put in the cover letter ?

immelmann87
23rd Aug 2014, 21:20
I simply wrote it to Norwegian HR, the main body of the letter is more important ;)

KAISERSOZE
24th Aug 2014, 16:47
Same for me, applied online and asked for the online assessment a few hours later.
Did it, no feedback...

flyleaf
24th Aug 2014, 17:59
is it possible to update the application after is been submitted?

flyleaf
24th Aug 2014, 18:20
the JOC I will do ;)
anyway yes or no ??

jamestkirk
24th Aug 2014, 20:54
I think pretty much everyone gets an assessment. I did my application at 10pm Norway time and got an email back by saturday morning. Not sure if Norwegian HR department is a 24 hour operation, but think not. So, got a funny feeling its automated.

Sorry if this has been asked before, but have not read every post.

SSTR or Bond???

Anyone know for sure.

Sealcom
24th Aug 2014, 23:18
Just completed the test. For those of you who did it too, did it just ask you to click log out? What did you see next on screen? I'm just wondering how/when people got their results of the test...

TKOF
25th Aug 2014, 08:09
Completed the online assessment yesterday. Didn't see any results either.

Good luck everyone :ok:

GeorgeHarrison
25th Aug 2014, 12:03
I didn't ser anything else..no confirmation email either...just sitting and waiting :)

Trent1000
25th Aug 2014, 12:32
Did the online Assessment as well, just finished it.
I think the Multitasking is one where they want you to be consistent, did one or two mistakes all in all.
The verbal reasoning was better than i expected it to be. Helped a lot to choose it in mother language. The one from Aer Lingus was harder for me. Everything else is just a personal assessement. No right or wrong as others already stated. Being hones and review the situations.

Good luck to all of you. I thnk we have to be patient now. Not expecting much thouhg, a huge amount of applications. Same as for the Aer Lingus job offer. But at least a chance!

a_little_pilot
25th Aug 2014, 15:25
Hello everyone,

I just finished the assignment. It took me about 1h30. I think the verbal reasoning is the most difficult part because you must be very accurate and very quick at the same time.

Concerning, the management test (personality test), there is no good or bad answers, there are many questions but lot of them are very similar, so be honest !

Good luck,

Frozen ATPL
320 TT
Age 24

PrivatePilotDA40NG
26th Aug 2014, 16:25
I did the online assessment too.
And I think that it is an automated invite.
Fingers crossed and good luck to all :hmm:

270TT
30 hours 737NG FFS
age 19

Kubaat3lover
26th Aug 2014, 16:41
I did the online test too, pretty okay.
24yrs
1000+TT
500+turbine time
160hME
MCC
JOC
fATPL

Captainwingman
26th Aug 2014, 17:22
I just saw a post on an other threat, somebody got invited(?) Anybody else positive/negative feedback?

marcus1290
26th Aug 2014, 17:58
My guess is that its another troll. The application is still open, and in the last email i received, they said that they would be in contact when the application process has closed.

annita
26th Aug 2014, 18:06
I know an FO who flies there and he said there have been almost 3000 applicants.
He said his sources mentioned about 20 cadets and interviews will take place mid September.
I don't know if he is right or wrong but the 3000 figure sounds quite realistic if we compare it to the number that has been circulating the forums regarding Lingus and Ryan.

ValePilot
26th Aug 2014, 18:31
20 cadets
OMG, only 20?? Really? Is really strange to open a "low hours" program for ONLY 20 people!:bored:

annita
26th Aug 2014, 20:13
I guess we need to wait and see......

leveledoff 450
26th Aug 2014, 22:34
Gents,
What's next? Done the all online thing as Capt.

TT 10000+
TT on wide body 3700
Got a couple of ATPL's but no 73 time...upsss...

KAISERSOZE
26th Aug 2014, 23:21
20 pilots dosen't sound realistic...
Too big and expensive process for just 20 guys.

D-Gold
27th Aug 2014, 01:37
The reason they hire new pilot's, is because close to 100 of the last 200 pilots employed recently quit! A lot of them went back to Ryanair.. So good luck:)

pilotchute
27th Aug 2014, 02:00
If many of the new hire people went back to Ryanair as claimed by D-Gold, what on earth is going on at Norwegian?????

ValePilot
27th Aug 2014, 06:10
But NAX has an order of: 100 A320 NEO, 150 B737 MAX8, 12 B738, 3 B788, 9 B789

SpannerInTheWerks
27th Aug 2014, 07:06
It will interesting to see the extent of the problem.

Sooner or later the supply of Captains will dry up and, maybe, people will realise airline flying isn't all it's cracked up to be - not for a 40 year career.

All those aircraft and a massive requirement for self-funded pilots - where will they all come from?

Niok
27th Aug 2014, 15:00
same for me
managed to answer 26 questions
it is impossible to finished 48 question
that means 10 sec./question.
I did it in french: very complex topic
perhaps it is easier in other language

Don't think the whole assessment is based on this very specific topic.
otherwise, nobody will fly thier news aircrafts ;)

ojjo29
27th Aug 2014, 20:57
what I think is strange about this whole process is that my data and cv have been in the Norwegian application database for ages but they never contacted me. However, after filling in the application form on the website and again sending my cv, cover letter etc. now suddenly I got asked to do the assessment. Does this mean I cannot trust any airline to contact me on the basis of my cv on file or application data in their database?

ValePilot
27th Aug 2014, 21:50
I guess becuase they now open the program through the website.

G-F0RC3
28th Aug 2014, 08:49
Concerning, the management test (personality test), there is no good or bad answers, there are many questions but lot of them are very similar, so be honest !

One of the reasons they ask very similar questions is to identify if you've given honest answers (i.e. if the questions are similar then the answers should be similar). It's quite a common technique when conducting surveys and the like.

wangus
28th Aug 2014, 11:34
A friend of mine who is LHS (LGW based) stated that most crew didn't even know they are recruiting.

When discussing the tests, he wisely pointed out that it is quite obvious when a candidate has 2 "helpers" undertaking the tests? Scored 100% eh? Hmmmm... I want you sat next to me.....

Euro.Atlantic
29th Aug 2014, 11:12
Hi to all,
Did anyone got any call for an interview?
Regards,

hobnobanyone
29th Aug 2014, 19:47
I have been lucky enough to get the nod for a non T/r interview.

annita
29th Aug 2014, 19:50
Date of interview?
When did they contact you?

ValePilot
29th Aug 2014, 20:38
I have been lucky enough to get the nod for a non T/r interview.

Did they sent you an email?

goaround_track
29th Aug 2014, 20:49
Further info plsssss :oh:

turbine100
29th Aug 2014, 22:19
I was sent an email to do the online test and completed it. But have not received the results. Anyone else had this?

hobnobanyone
30th Aug 2014, 02:20
I did the tests last week and an email came through a couple of days later. Was very surprised - didn't expect to get through.

hawksbill
30th Aug 2014, 02:54
Has anyone been given the further info after confirmed which interview date you want?

MichaelPL
30th Aug 2014, 03:08
hobnobanyone (http://www.pprune.org/members/390901-hobnobanyone), would you mind sharing what is your experience level?

I'm trying to get an idea whether folks with only sepl/mepl experience stand a chance. As til now the only guys saying they got the interview I recall both had some jet/turboprop time. What about you?

EDIT: hawksbill, I saw in the other thread that you've got the nod as well. Could you also share what is your experience?

Congrats and good luck :)

ValePilot
30th Aug 2014, 06:04
Are they calling first people with thousand of hours?:bored:

stn
30th Aug 2014, 06:21
Are they calling first people with thousand of hours?:bored:

Or perhaps only people with thousands of hours of experience.

ValePilot
30th Aug 2014, 06:43
But WHY in the minimum requirements there is no minimum hours? Would have been better for them to set a certain minimum of hours for the application!:ugh:

dboy
30th Aug 2014, 07:20
Dont think so. Ive got also more than 1000 hrs on jet. Did not get the invitation. It is just a matter of luck i guess.

bairni
30th Aug 2014, 07:36
All the invited guys here on pprune have something around 2500hrs :hmm:

dboy
30th Aug 2014, 07:40
Dont worry too much. I have tt 3200 ofwhich 2800 on jet. Did not get an invitation. I think you guys need to have a bit more patience. Afterall how many people did apply? I guess it is a lot of work for them to sort all these cv's out.

aloa326
30th Aug 2014, 07:47
Hi guys

in my opinion some of you need to be more patience, an airline selection is always " misterious" and also is not a matter of luck, but a big role is how much you did well in the online test.

cheers
PS I am rated on a turbopros emb 120 ~500hrs on type.

Gusfly
30th Aug 2014, 09:56
As far as I know, cadet recruitment means they should focus on low hour pilots, not experienced first officers with +1500h. So if you have received an email confirming an interview and you have more than 1500h it means they still prefer experienced pilots to fill those vacancies.

Good luck to all.

320TT, FTE integrated with 737 NG MCC JOC :{

hobnobanyone
30th Aug 2014, 10:20
TT 3800 hours.

Of which the vast majority is on turboprops.

ArmApp
30th Aug 2014, 13:03
what would you expect from Norwegian about TR cost?
could them discount from salary and bond, or payment first?
wich is your opinion?

lele09131
30th Aug 2014, 14:05
A friend of mine has received a rejection email few days after he sent his test. He is TR on 330/340 with 1000 TT as P2. I always believed that they would do the final scrutiny after the process has closed but it looks like they are already doing their homework. Good luck to everyone!!

flyleaf
30th Aug 2014, 14:26
ok folks ....

I have 230 hours TT
160 hours flight time
MCC
no JOC
no type
i'm italian, fluent in spanish
25 years old

applyed monday 25th got the invitation for the online test 4 days after
I know a couple more ppl more or less in the same situation who did the online test as well...

so... let's not rush to conclusions about how they decide to whom send the invitation

good luck to everyone :)

PlanetEarth
30th Aug 2014, 17:13
Applied yesterday, no automated email about online tests or anything like that, not sure how that works.
Hopefully didn't miss the window if they are already calling for interviews.

2500tt, 1500 pic turbine

giertom1
30th Aug 2014, 17:58
Hi,
Applied on 27.08. Still waiting for ANY answer :( :ok:

one stop modular
280TT + MCC

PlanetEarth
31st Aug 2014, 12:19
Got a rejection letter before even doing the tests. Did I miss the window? Or did I do some other kind of strange thing in the application process...meh

ValePilot
31st Aug 2014, 12:33
Got a rejection letter before even doing the tests. Did I miss the window? Or did I do some other kind of strange thing in the application process...meh

Why this?? What is reported?:ugh:

PlanetEarth
31st Aug 2014, 12:40
Just basically says "unfortunately we won't be taking your application further as there are other people who more closely match our requirements" or somesuch. :/

lele09131
31st Aug 2014, 15:29
Planetheart, that might be because you are overqualified. My friend got the same email!

PlanetEarth
31st Aug 2014, 15:48
Hm not sure, seems to be some other people in this thread who have the same hours as me or more. Well who knows exactly what the profile is.

SpannerInTheWerks
31st Aug 2014, 15:48
Planetheart, that might be because you are overqualified. My friend got the same email!

A friend of mine has more experience than Planetheart, including time on B737, and has completed the online tests.

No response, as far as I know, regarding interview and sim.

giertom1
31st Aug 2014, 16:45
Hmmmmm......
Got rejected..... and standard e-mail was generated....
:(
Good luck to everyone else who got through:ok:

"Thank you for applying for the position of FIRST OFFICERS NON TYPERATED B737.

Unfortunately we will not be taking your application further on this occasion. The general standard of applications has been extremely high and we have shortlisted candidates whose skill sets are more closely matched to the role requirements.

Please be aware that due to the high number of applications that we receive, we are unable to provide further feedback at this stage of the process.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your interest and wish you every success in your future career.

With kind regards,
Norwegian Recruiting Team"

Pauline_
31st Aug 2014, 17:12
Giertom1, when did they send it to You?

dboy
31st Aug 2014, 17:34
Strange that you got the mail on a sunday.

giertom1
31st Aug 2014, 19:24
Hi,
I applied on 27.08.2014 1:02
"Thank you for applying for the position of FIRST OFFICERS NON TYPERATED B737.

Your application has been received and we will be in touch with further information once your CV has been reviewed.

With kind regards,
Norwegian Recruiting Team"

Got reply on Sunday (Today) 31.08.2014 14:17

Everything is strange :( Unfortunately :(

:(

ValePilot
31st Aug 2014, 19:43
I haven't got email like this. :confused: Is really strange

PlanetEarth
31st Aug 2014, 19:47
Has anyone who applied after the 29th gotten the link for the online tests?

annita
31st Aug 2014, 20:09
I got an email confirming my application and then a longer one inviting me to the on line test.
After that nothing.

Pauline_
31st Aug 2014, 22:40
Right I've got the same situation, if they're inviting we should have some email this week I suppose..

fingers crossed :)

loneranger1
1st Sep 2014, 04:43
Heard this morning from a guy he received an email that he was invited for the interview and sim test end September. Half an hour after that he got another mail that is was a mistake. He got no further info.

finswe
1st Sep 2014, 06:44
Same situation here annita & pauline. Completed the online tests 19.08.

Good luck everyone!

ValePilot
1st Sep 2014, 12:26
Heard this morning from a guy he received an email that he was invited for the interview and sim test end September. Half an hour after that he got another mail that is was a mistake. He got no further info.
:eek::eek: really?

KAISERSOZE
1st Sep 2014, 13:10
Same for me here, did the online test, no feedback...

worldoffe
1st Sep 2014, 16:51
So none of the applicants has received a rejection AFTER the tests yet, right?

Aleboni
1st Sep 2014, 16:59
I did online test...no feedback yet

ValePilot
1st Sep 2014, 18:19
So none of the applicants has received a rejection AFTER the tests yet, right?

Yes, somebody yes

lora_h
3rd Sep 2014, 15:27
hiya mate,

Ive also had the nod via email. Selected the 16th...you?
Had no confirmation back from them yet...however i did send a separate email asking if they had received it and i got a very nice reply back saying we would all be hearing this week.

A.jg
3rd Sep 2014, 15:59
Hi there pals

Applied last Thursday and I didn't get any email for the test. I checked the spam box, but there's nothing. Am I rejected already? :D

ValePilot
3rd Sep 2014, 17:45
hiya mate,

Ive also had the nod via email. Selected the 16th...you?
Had no confirmation back from them yet...however i did send a separate email asking if they had received it and i got a very nice reply back saying we would all be hearing this week.

Can you explain better?

worldoffe
3rd Sep 2014, 18:10
dito

:)

@lora: what exactly have selected on the 16th?

Gusfly
3rd Sep 2014, 20:55
Hi to all, I remember they say we would be contacted at the end of the selection process so...is it now over? You can still applyif Im not wrong. Please explain that with further details :ok:

Doma
3rd Sep 2014, 21:37
A.jg

I have the same situation, applied thursday and got the confirmation email but nothing after that..

stn
4th Sep 2014, 05:39
For heavens sake, be glad that they even reply anything. You have waited under a week?

I have sent somewhat close to a hundred applications now and have waited over 1,5 years for a reply from some of the companies.

Wait a few months. Go flying. Live your life.

Doma
4th Sep 2014, 06:46
Dear stn,
Take a nap and try to wake up in a better mood, ok? :)

no, seriously.. I'm not complaining nor whining about my "situation" in this case at all. My point was just to reply and let others know too, that not everyone has had the magical second email about the online test so quickly as others have, apparently. By reading this topic I noticed that the some had the 2nd email in a matter of hours or in a couple of days in some cases and I've waited a whole week already, ooh... I have no problems in waiting for the reply and no, my life and dreams of becoming a pilot are not shattered if I get a negative answer from NAS.. Surely a bit bummed but that's life :ok:

And I feel you in the case of applying to other places too.. Since graduation in the end of 2011 I have too sent "couple" of applications :} And what comes to having a life, that's not possible while working as a royal ramp man :E

But all the best for You and to everybody else in job hunting and in life general, cheers! :)

ValePilot
4th Sep 2014, 06:55
but now there is no more deadline on the website!:ugh:

I remember they say we would be contacted at the end of the selection process so...is it now over? You can still applyif Im not wrong. Please explain that with further details

bairni
4th Sep 2014, 07:03
Lora, I had the same feedback. I chose the other date and hope there will be a message in my mailbox soon :ok:

ValePilot
4th Sep 2014, 07:19
So did you received a positive nod after tests??

antes56
4th Sep 2014, 08:11
Did everyone who received the invitation for the online test attached the flight licence on the application?

ValePilot
4th Sep 2014, 08:28
In my case I attached in "certificate" the fiight school report with all details about my training!

antes56
4th Sep 2014, 08:45
And you got the online test invitation?

b737air
4th Sep 2014, 08:45
I attached my CPL licence and received the online invitation.
I don't think that's the problem why someone didn't receive the invitation.
Must be something else.

worldoffe
4th Sep 2014, 08:49
@ lora and bairni: May u please delighten us and tell us what "dates" you both are talking about?

vasterlund
4th Sep 2014, 08:59
I also attached my licence and got the test like 2 hours later.

vasterlund
4th Sep 2014, 09:04
most likely interview...

worldoffe
4th Sep 2014, 09:57
Who knows!

RickNRolled
4th Sep 2014, 10:34
This waiting is so cruel. Every time my phone gets an e-mail I run to look whats new.... haha. :ugh:

Did the online test 2 weeks ago but nothing yet..

worldoffe
4th Sep 2014, 11:15
Something tells me this waiting will be like the one with aer lingus :E

ValePilot
4th Sep 2014, 11:24
Something tells me this waiting will be like the one with aer lingus

negative??:{

bairni
4th Sep 2014, 11:37
there is a second norwegian thread in the terms and endearment section where several people report of invitations for interviews in September

ValePilot
4th Sep 2014, 12:33
But this is for cadets!!

marcus1290
4th Sep 2014, 14:39
@ValePilot,

I don't know why you keep saying this is a cadet position. It doesn't say anywhere thats its for cadets. Its non type rated FOs. There could be non-type rated FOs applying for this job with 10,000 hours.

lear999wa
4th Sep 2014, 15:06
I am hoping that they are going to be recruiting from the turboprop ranks or the general aviation community.
I am sooo tired of the 200 hour wonder kinds, feeling that they are entitled to the right hand seat in a boeing.
I am really hoping that some regional guys and gals get a chance to move up in this industry.

aloa326
4th Sep 2014, 15:08
@ValePilot,

I don't know why you keep saying this is a cadet position. It doesn't say anywhere thats its for cadets. Its non type rated FOs. There could be non-type rated FOs applying for this job with 10,000 hours.
:ok::ok::ok::ok:

ValePilot
4th Sep 2014, 15:37
@ValePilot,

I MEAN the title of the thread!:ok::ok:

I am hoping that they are going to be recruiting from the turboprop ranks or the general aviation community.
I am sooo tired of the 200 hour wonder kinds, feeling that they are entitled to the right hand seat in a boeing.
I am really hoping that some regional guys and gals get a chance to move up in this industry.

You are so sad...

Deano777
4th Sep 2014, 17:18
He's not sad, he has a point.

SpannerInTheWerks
4th Sep 2014, 17:29
I remember they say we would be contacted at the end of the selection process so...is it now over?

The website originally stated 14(?) October 2014 - now it states 'N/A'???

Which say what???

Too many applicants to process in the timescale?

Not enough suitable applications received so far ... ???

vasterlund
4th Sep 2014, 17:53
Maybe in the US flying a B737 is a good job and will be for many years but in Europe alot of airlines start to copy Ryanairs concept of treating their employees. which makes flying a b737 for european airline a starter for 200 hour cadets who still doesn't have kids and etc.

ValePilot
4th Sep 2014, 17:53
He's not sad, he has a point.

Ohh yes, of course!:ok:

Londonflyer.
4th Sep 2014, 18:47
You are so sad...

This isn't high school, it's real life. Comments like that not only degrade the previous points you have made, but also show how naive/young/both you are.

If you want to be treated like the professional you aim to be, then a level of decorum would be far more amenable than your immature, keyboard arrogance.

Ps lear999wa has a very valid point!

ValePilot
4th Sep 2014, 19:36
What's your problem? Go to lear999wa previous post and read how he started his "line flying". How you started?? Before to speak you should think...1 2 3.
Are you against cadets pilots? Do we stay on the ground because the "big pilots" like you want this? Your words fly so low...

speed_alive_rotate
4th Sep 2014, 20:08
What a shame this thread is being ruined by such childish crap!!!!! Lets get back on topic!

ValePilot
4th Sep 2014, 20:15
What a shame this thread is being ruined by such childish crap!!!!! Lets get back on topic!

In fact! Holy words

lear999wa
4th Sep 2014, 22:24
I would like to apologise in case I offended anyone. Good luck to all those who apply. And I look forward to fly with those who get in.

QuickDan
4th Sep 2014, 22:44
I've been reading this forum recently. I see a lot of impatience and uncertainty here - it's normal. If we did not care, we would not even come and post our ' thoughts'. All of us have gone through this difficult way, which is becoming a pilot. Now, an even harder part came to find a job, but we will eventually:) let's be understanding to each other, not offending anyone. If we offend, let's apologise- everybody gets things out of hand sometimes.

I work in airlines, as a cabin crew, did my training, and am also looking around. It's been eight years now in this industry. Even my airline has some dubious ways of selecting people, raising requirements etc...it is not all easy!
Some, in fact, did get a job straight after the school, but most guys have followed a long. And equally interesting way before they felt mature enough to become airline pilots.
Airlines is not everything. It is nice to be part of this company, but we should be more imaginative about our lives.

My status: 215 hrs, freshly after trainings, applied to NAS, did the tests now waiting like everyone.
Keep fingers crossed for you:)

Anunaki
5th Sep 2014, 15:58
Toplux,
Have they emailed or called you?because I've received a couple of missed calls from a +358 number ,tried to call back but I'm in the Caribbean on holidays,bloody phone doesn't work... 😜

dboy
5th Sep 2014, 16:25
+358 is finland.

Anunaki
5th Sep 2014, 16:36
Yeah,I know !heard they have some training facilities there in their base?reason I thought they could have called from there?anyway,I thought the process would be carried out by email but I have to be alert either way I guess

Airman655
5th Sep 2014, 17:21
Applied Aug 30th, got the online test today Sept 5th. Crossing my fingers!

edigi
5th Sep 2014, 19:07
Applied on September 3rd, got the invitation for the online tests today around 1400Z.

Holyjoe
5th Sep 2014, 22:43
Me too...Can you do the test on an ipad? Sorry if this has been asked before!

etronstad
6th Sep 2014, 00:35
I wouldn't recommend using an IPad.

stn
6th Sep 2014, 05:43
Me too...Can you do the test on an ipad? Sorry if this has been asked before!

No, you probably can't. Tablets generally were IIRC mentioned on the instructions being unsupported.

Guerrero84
6th Sep 2014, 09:00
Hi, I did it in an iPad, but I had to use Google Chome app. Try it.

aloha1985
6th Sep 2014, 09:09
You can't, unfortunately. Tried doing the cut-e practice assessment on my iPad – no go :rolleyes:

PAPI-74
6th Sep 2014, 10:39
...and you chaps wonder why cadets have a bad name in the industry!

I would think that they will want a mixed selection of experience and looking at their orders, will be short of experience for the LHS, as well as low hours pilots to trap for 6yrs+.

I for one, won't be paying a penny for a TR and am just using the tests for bigger things. Have a read of the cost of living in their base options and what they are offering. It really isn't that good for a bond, never mind self funded...you will barely be able to survive in Norway (if that is your given base).

djanello
6th Sep 2014, 20:26
nvm, posted here by mistake. good luck everyone!

go around flaps15
7th Sep 2014, 11:53
There will be no one going to Norway. Not permanently.

It will be European bases south of Scandinavia.