PDA

View Full Version : EK: Family migrating back

lospilotos
16th Aug 2014, 08:53
As the wife and kids are moving back shortly, is there anything I need to do or tell the company? Probably not showing up in Dubai within 6 months either so then their visas would get cancelled automatically right?

CaptainChipotle
16th Aug 2014, 09:23
lots of info here

http://dnrd.ae/en/Rules_Reg/Pages/Rules.aspx?AudianceId=3

sorry, thats the best I have. Are you headed home as well? Good luck, or congrats if you are.

lospilotos
16th Aug 2014, 09:52
Thanks for the link. Seems to be some fees involved, surprise surprise... Guess my plan to just let it get cancelled automatically as per the statement on the visa won´t work.

Well, probably hanging around here for some time. Market for FOs are not that hot back in Europe right now. Served my time in Ryanair, not doing it again.

jackx123
16th Aug 2014, 10:02
As with most GCC's if you have any unpaid debt known or not the sponsor or anyone else may issue a claim through the court with subsequent repercussions. If there is a claim you might be arrested upon return.

South African doctor flies home after nine-month limbo over UAE death | World news | theguardian.com (http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/may/17/south-africa-doctor-uae-death)

rotafix
16th Aug 2014, 10:35
Los, it's relatively straight forward.

Kids; they don't need a visa to avail of all the benefits so cancel them whilst they are here,at HQ. if you cancel their visas after they have left then there is an extra fee. they will be able to get two ELT a year.

Wife; if you cancel your wife's visa then she is entitled to nothing, incl ALT. To keep her visa current, and to avail of all the benefits, all she has to do is set foot in DXB once every 6 months.

I also suggest that you rent an apartment.

By the way Thomson are recruiting for B737 guys. Opens Monday18th.

Good luck.

halas
16th Aug 2014, 10:46
Found that out the hard way too.

halas

lospilotos
16th Aug 2014, 11:00
Wife; if you cancel your wife's visa then she is entitled to nothing, incl ALT. To keep her visa current, and to avail of all the benefits, all she has to do is set foot in DXB once every 6 months.

Thanks for the heads up. Would you care to elaborate on the benefits part? I can live with no ALT but I assume she still gets normal staff travelled, right? What other benefits are you thinking about?

/Los

rotafix
16th Aug 2014, 11:19
Basically your wife will lose the medical and her ALT, you will still be able to book her flts, IF any are avail.

RF

canadansk
16th Aug 2014, 12:00
I have confirmed with HR that family can retain medical benefits as long as you choose to continue to pay the family rate. :ok: