PDA

View Full Version : Using USA freight consolidation companies

UnderneathTheRadar
15th Aug 2014, 21:46
I've started using one of the USA companies that accept packages and then onship. I've noticed the offer full consolidation services - has anyone used this for aircraft bits and pieces? Buying from the us cost savings are often lost in shipping costs - this seems a good option?

Any recommended companies?

Jack Ranga
15th Aug 2014, 22:11
Yeah, I've got a 3.5kg package to come out. The parts cost $110 dollars, freight quoted over $230. Postage has now become the new rort. Someone is advertising in Aerosport on this very subject I think, I'm about to email them. I'll let you know the reply.

(UTR, read PM's)

Squawk7700
15th Aug 2014, 23:59
This mob does it:

MyUS.com - Standard Landing (http://www.myus.com/en/landing/?gclid=CK2Vwty8lsACFUosvQodeHAAgw&aid=1000721&kwid=100681&ef_id=U@6emgAABHnlB1fo:20140815235818:s)

Hard to get an exact quote but they are consolidating and using Fedex style corporate contracts etc to get the best deal for their users.

Jack Ranga
16th Aug 2014, 00:11
Have you used them Squawk? Are they good?

Jabawocky
16th Aug 2014, 05:36
Hey I told ya to get that package to John Deakins place. I could have checked it in as baggage an hour ago ya Ranga!!!

Actually after the lunch and Chockie Malt Milshake your parts would have stayed behind. I think I put on 200kg just from lunch! :eek:

So who is this mob? Send me a PM. I usually just use my FEDEX account or for small items USPS.

What I have found is that the guys at Suncoast Airparts for many items are VERY competitive and quick for delivery. I can't recommend them highly enough. Tyres, tubes, plugs, engine parts, filters and they stock Phillips 20W-50 and CAMGUARD too at good prices.

Call Barry or Kirk and tell them David Brown sent you…..bound to only mark the price up double :E

(07) 5438 1568

Jack Ranga
16th Aug 2014, 05:59
Jab, I couldn't get it to Deakins :ugh: it's gotta go outa Santa Barbara!