PDA

View Full Version : Converting CPL to CASA

JustOnePilot
15th Aug 2014, 09:58
Hi guys!
Does my foreign licence have to be current when converting it?
And also, can you recommend flight schools anywhere on the east coast?
Thanks!

chimbu warrior
15th Aug 2014, 10:52
Civil Aviation Safety Authority - Converting foreign licences (http://www.casa.gov.au/scripts/nc.dll?WCMS:STANDARD::pc=PC_90024)

The above link may answer some of your questions.

I'm not from the dark side (CASA), but would suggest it unlikely they would consider your existing licence for conversion if it is not current.

Maybe consider all the above first, especially the costs, then identify which city you would plan to head to. With the exception of Canberra, all Australian state capital cities have a range of schools to choose from. Google can probably assist you there.

HarleyD
15th Aug 2014, 11:18
Aus is one of the few countries who will hand out a CPL to foreigners based on their national certificate. USA and Canada will only provide CPL with Green Card or work permit i.e. You no get if you cant work there, PPL easy, but NO commercial.....so.. Are you an Australian with an FAA certificate, which remains valid without currency? If so current or not conversion is not the issue, exercising priviliges will require currency in any case. No medical...... Now THAT could be an issue.

HD