PDA

View Full Version : Fuel reserves for BNE/SYD/MEL/ADL/PER

moutere101
14th Aug 2014, 14:59
what are the diversion distance requirements for each of the above airports? Is there a difference between international and domestic originating flights?

SOPS
14th Aug 2014, 16:25
I don't understand your question.

porch monkey
14th Aug 2014, 21:06
For domestic flights, unless for operational or wx requirements, there are no alternates required. International is up to the operator.

mates rates
14th Aug 2014, 23:01
Internationals will carry a capital city alternate.

Goat Whisperer
14th Aug 2014, 23:14
Not necessarily so, mates rates.

Learmonth, Kal, Coolie, Cairns, Townsville, Avalon, Katherine, all good alternates for international flights.

waren9
14th Aug 2014, 23:21
not aware of any such "distance requirements" myself.

perhaps some specifics might get your question answered

esreverlluf
15th Aug 2014, 01:04
Mates Rates and Goat Whisperer are both not necessarily correct. Requirements for alternates will depend on both the weather conditions forecast and the individual carrier's regulator approved fuel policy.

If destination is forecast above alternate criteria, then it may be that no alternate is required at all. It makes no difference as to whether a flight is international or domestic, what matters is the carrier's fuel policy and the forecast conditions.

Capt Claret
15th Aug 2014, 01:25
It makes no difference as to whether a flight is international or domestic, what matters is the carrier's fuel policy and the forecast conditions.

Is it not the case that in many jurisdictions outside Australia that an alternate must be carried in all cases?

I have no first hand experience of any jurisdiction other than Australia.

esreverlluf
15th Aug 2014, 01:30
I believe that is the case Capt Claret - and that will reflected in the carrier's fuel policy.

Jack Ranga
15th Aug 2014, 01:50
I plan 45 minutes fixed, that's a bit academic but. Most of the time I just fill the tanks & the 45 minutes is included in my 8 hours endurance :ok:

haughtney1
15th Aug 2014, 06:12
Fuel reserves for BNE/SYD/MEL/ADL/PER

777 operator, all international flights into Oz

BNE->gas for SYD
SYD->gas for BNE or MEL
MEL->gas for ADL, SYD
ADL->gas for MEL, SYD
PER->gas for YPLM or ADL

On top of diversion fuel we generally carry either a fixed or statistical contingency amount of fuel.

:ok:

waren9
15th Aug 2014, 06:41
er so ek dont consider the 2 seperate non intersecting rwys thing?

donpizmeov
15th Aug 2014, 09:18
Think the independent runway thing must be an oz invention. Non oz companies need an Altn for all flights. Once underway, the independent runway thing (and some other criteria) can be used so you can commit to destination, and burn the Altn fuel in the hold if needed instead of diverting.

The don

moutere101
16th Aug 2014, 14:17
Thank you, you have answered my question !

despegue
4th Nov 2014, 21:11
ICAO states that you do NOT need an Alternate if the destination airport's weather is above minima one hour before/after AND Independant SUITABLE runways are available ( min. Lateral separation 760m. Amongst other things if I recall correctly)

Local legislation and/or Company procedures might prescribe otherwise though.