PDA

View Full Version : Light aircraft insurance

Martin VanNostrum
14th Aug 2014, 06:51
For the last few years I've used a broker for the QBE insurance on my light aircraft. Thought about going direct to both QBE and Allianz to get a quote. It's the same insurance regardless whether via a broker or direct but would the premium be any cheaper?

RatsoreA
14th Aug 2014, 08:33
I use Aviation Insurance at Archerfield airport, and couldn't be happier. I don't pay anymore than I would have otherwise, and they are fantastic. Being able to pick up the phone, and talk direct to the guy that knows me and my situation, is brilliant.

I have nothing but good things to say about them.

Squawk7700
14th Aug 2014, 09:16
I'm also with these guys and they put me with Asset Insure. Both are reputable, have a competitive (cheaper) policy than the big guys and paid out without fuss on a mates full write-off. I would recommend them based on my experience and that of a mate who was with them.

mostlytossas
14th Aug 2014, 09:41
We insure with QBE direct. Have had a prop strike and nose wheel collapse over past 20yrs. Never had any problem with a claim.

thorn bird
15th Aug 2014, 20:27
We still pay way above the rates in the USA.

Strange? CAsA keep telling us how safe we are compared to everyone else, one would have thought Australian rates would be cheaper.

Jack Ranga
15th Aug 2014, 22:16
Join SAAA.........

rjtjrt
15th Aug 2014, 23:01
"Join SAAA........."

Is their preferred insurance offer better than others?

Jack Ranga
15th Aug 2014, 23:20
I'm not sure whether they offer insurance to non-experimental through the scheme I'm on (Jabba?). It's through QBE, I'm stoked with the deal I got, I'll PM it to you. I've had a write off claim with QBE before & they were excellent. Plus, 6 cent a litre fuel discount.

Squawk7700
15th Aug 2014, 23:56
The SAAA deal can be for parts only if you want or if you write yours off, a new replacement kit. Helps keep the cost down if that's what you want.