PDA

View Full Version : TC licence conversion.

Kazo
12th Aug 2014, 14:19
Hey Folks, Was just wondering if it's possible to convert a Transport Canadian Licence to FAA, EASA or GCAA?, If so, what is the process and what sort of costs will be incurred?

I currently live in the UK and i will be doing my PPL, CPL, ME, ME IR and ATPL in Canada. I do intend on doing the majority of my flying in Canada for a Canadian airline, once i obtain my licenses that is, but perhaps i wanted to change to a European airline, would the transition be difficult?

Thanks.

Johnny Bekkestad
13th Aug 2014, 07:01
To convert Canadian to FAA is very simple.
There is an conversion agreement between the two countries.
You need to pass a very simple written test and a practical test.

As for EASA conversion you need to do the ATPLs, then pass a commercial and instrument practical tests

MarkerInbound
13th Aug 2014, 15:18
For the TC to FAA conversion there is no practical test. You have TC verify your license to the FAA, get at least a third class medical, pass a short air law and communication written test, walk into a FSDO you've picked in advance and walk out with your certificate. Before you use your new certificate you still need a flight review and the level of medical required for the certificate and you have to be current (by FAA standards) in that category and class.

See AC 61-135.