PDA

View Full Version : Flight school south east uk any advices

doro
11th Aug 2014, 11:38
Hello there,

As I am currently working in the south east of England ( more precisely Essex..)
I' m just wondering if there is any valuable flight school in this part of England to restart my flight training..

Any suggestion and/or advices are really appreciated:D
Thanks...

RedsBluesGreens
11th Aug 2014, 17:41
What sort of flying are you looking to do?

For PPL there's Seawing at Southend, or for CPL/IR there's Stapleford Flight Centre.

doro
12th Aug 2014, 15:00
For me private flying only.
You mention Southend seawing flying club. Have you been trained there?
Have you had any experience with them?
I went there to ask some infos but it seems to me they are not really " professional" ..
I took some brochure with all explanations of prices and course and found lot of mistakes..and sometimes confusional..I saw their fleet they have 1 cessna 152 only and a couple of pa 28...
I don't know if I can trust them...
Any advices are really appreciated.

4Screwaircrew
12th Aug 2014, 15:53
Andrewsfield is a very friendly place, a number of highly experienced instructors operating out of their own airfield so no delays waiting for lots of traffic.

I didn't train there but fly a group owned aircraft from the airfield and what I observe would allow me to suggest it as a good place to learn to my family if they wished to take lessons.

Alexx83
13th Aug 2014, 17:10
Hi Doro, BCFT at Bournemouth is a good place too. I did my cpl there :)

RedsBluesGreens
13th Aug 2014, 19:45
Doro,

Did you mean Southend Flying Club? Seawing is another club; they have several 152s, 172 and share aircraft. I did not train at Seawing but the instructor that taught me now works there and I have since flown with other instructors there, hence why I am recommending them. They are very professional and 'flying club' orientated. From your description that doesn't sound like you went to Seawing.

Alexx83 I am at BCFT now, just finishing my ATPL ground exams! When did you do your CPL?

cumbrianboy
22nd Aug 2014, 13:45
Did my night rating at seawing at Southend. Great little school, nice people and fun flying. Flying from Southend is great as well.