PDA

View Full Version : Plane Rental sought - early september

tweedlover
10th Aug 2014, 16:15
Hi there,

I'm a PPL with about 1 year's experience, seeking to do a trip to south of france in early september.

I'm considering taking a plane from my airfield (stapleford) but it would require a minimum 21 hours for what should be more like a 15 hour round trip.

Are there any Piper Warrior or similar owners who might want to rent to me for a week in early september? If so it would be great to know your terms and conditions and how much you might charge to use the plane. Please just let me know if you need any more info about my experience etc.

All the best,

Louis

dera
11th Aug 2014, 15:05
Contact Modern Air based in Fowlmere, EGMA. Derick will sort it for you.

hegemon88
12th Aug 2014, 07:59
Hi tweedlover,

I would recommend joining the North Weald Flying Group nearby - but if you want to go in early September, it may be a bit too late as all aeroplanes will now be booked for most weekends. How many total hours you have and did you train on PA28s or C152s?

It just occurred to me that you might ask reception to put you in touch with the owners of G-ZANY, a DA40 based at Stapleford with a non-equity group around it.

I personally wouldn't take a Stapleford Warrior to the south of France on my own!

/h88

tweedlover
13th Aug 2014, 19:03
Thanks both, great suggestions - and you've got me thinking about the DA40 now - does look quicker and comfier :ok: Think I'll give it a try this weekend.