PDA

View Full Version : WIZZ AIR Autumn '14

imaximov
10th Aug 2014, 12:51
Wizz air is open again for FO/Cadet on their site.
Applied but got the "thank you, but no thank you" email few days later. They ovbiously don't like my name as this is the third time I get this mail for the last 4 years (last two times I applied for the Cadet/NTR possition).

Too bad. It was some sort of a dream for me to work there... :sad:

Good luck to all!

P.S. Type rated 737CL, 320h on type and building, ~500 TT, BG citizen.

Anunaki
10th Aug 2014, 13:05
Confusing..gives us some clarity here. Have you applied online to the position or have you attended the previous open day in Bucharest?

If you can make it to the next open day I would suggest you to go,worth trying...

imaximov
10th Aug 2014, 13:12
Didn't go to the open days because I had less then 300 hrs jet so found it pointless.

That is what I think I will do if they actually have another open day. If not - next year again :)

I am thinking their problem might be that I actually have a job at the moment.

Fanor
10th Aug 2014, 13:58
Is the type rating self funded (p2f) or are you bonded with company?

imaximov
10th Aug 2014, 14:23
No p2f.
I am paying back the TR to the company.

USA1pilot
10th Aug 2014, 15:27
I applied on monday 4 aug 280 TT with joc And mcc. And also one me flight in the last 12 months. And got a rejection on 7 aug. But I noticed something strange. I received the confirmation mail on 4 aug 20:11 And I received the rejection on 7 aug 20:11. So there is exactly 72 hours in between. So it looks to me that the rejection was automaticly generated And no one actually looked at it!

immelmann87
10th Aug 2014, 16:10
The same 72h rejection pattern was applied in my case.

guess that's the new way of dealing with the large number of applications ;)

USA1pilot
10th Aug 2014, 16:15
I applied on monday 4 aug 280 TT with joc And mcc. And also one me flight in the last 12 months. And got a rejection on 7 aug. But I noticed something strange. I received the confirmation mail on 4 aug 20:11 And I received the rejection on 7 aug 20:11. So there is exactly 72 hours in between. So it looks to me that the rejection was automaticly generated And no one actually looked at it!

immelmann87
10th Aug 2014, 16:26
Did any of the rejected guys was present at the Open Day last year? Maybe this is the initial selection criteria for NTR Cadets?

imaximov
10th Aug 2014, 17:37
Now that you say - exactly 72 hours with me as well....
How do you explain that?

The name of the pilot datasheet soc has a "20Aug" in it.... Maybe they'll keep killing applications till then, eh? Shall we contact reqruitment and ask?

EDIT: Actually the status of my application still says "On-file".

elmore81
10th Aug 2014, 20:34
I applied last year, keep my file updated and I've not heard a thing back

seven3
10th Aug 2014, 21:25
Same here, PFO received 72hrs later than application.
First application this year & general status : "Your status: Submitted For Requisition" and position status 'On File'.

Wait and see now !;)

Aleboni
10th Aug 2014, 22:05
I was in Bucharest and i received a reply on december telling me that i would be considered for autumn 2014... At the moment i'm still waiting

imaximov
11th Aug 2014, 07:20
I've done some reading and I found that the 72 hours autoreject is the "magic" of Taleo.... Noone ever saw our applications - just Taleo filtered it.

USA1pilot
11th Aug 2014, 09:05
I wonder is there Someone wo didn`t get the rejection after 72 hours?

MichaelPL
11th Aug 2014, 09:40
Have you guys tried to contact the recruitment dept and report it as a technical glitch? Just a thought.

What makes me think is that there is not really that much info for taleo to go on. The 'online questions' one fills in when submitting the application are quite hard to get 'wrong'. And the rest is attachments. So it would seem that it just rejects everybody?

(Myself I haven't applied yet, got 2,5 month remaining on my IRME, so I need to take care of that first).

Good luck.

imaximov
11th Aug 2014, 10:02
Taleo actually scans trough the attachment and extracts info. They actuallu use a standard form for the datasheet so taleo knows how many hours you've got...

elmore81
11th Aug 2014, 10:44
Interesting.

You'd think that they would make the minimum hours higher to avoid being bombarded by guys like us. I know of current Wizz pilots having had interviews with BA and Easy, so that may be why its opened up early.

MichaelPL
11th Aug 2014, 11:58
Didn't know that imaximov, quite interesting.

But then again it either means that
a) all of the guys that applied til now (and posted here) have insufficient hours
b) there's a technical glitch.

If it's a) then as elmore said, they should just post higher reqs... Ah well.

USA1pilot
11th Aug 2014, 12:08
If they place a vacancy fort non TR cadets. What do they expect? People with 1000 tt. In my opinion thats not a cadet anymore. And in there requirments they state that you need minimum 200 hours actual time. So it is a very strange way of selecting applications.

imaximov
11th Aug 2014, 13:04
People outside of aviation, that have met with taleo, say that this system cuts 90% of all aplications and passes to the reqruiters only the rest 10%. In all other cases, however, the system scans through the cv to look for specific keywords. In our case I cannot imagine what the descision variables are, except probably flight time. For instance I applied with only 20 hours above the minimum requirements, so I guess I got busted for that. I don't know.... Anyway I hope they will continue the open days practice as this is the only real chance to get past the CV gatkeeper.

Anunaki
11th Aug 2014, 13:49
Listen,

I spoke to one of their pilots yesterday, he claims that Wizzair aims to recruit 200 FO's in this recruitment season. Having said that, as it was explained to those who attended the Bucharest open day, they will interview these candidates first. So if you applied online, you are looking at the Jan/feb recruitment window.

There isn't many staff at the HR office to answer your questions as they are overwhelmed with training. All of the Training Captains are flying.The candidates that were interviewed up to May 14,are going through line training as we speak.You certainly can email them but I doubt you'll get a response and you can run the risk of pi***g off the HR people.

I know it's frustrating, last year I went through the first stage for Aer Lingus, then was 'let go' with no explanation. Jet2, Easyjet and now Flybe, they also use taleo. I passed the online assessment with one of them just to receive a PFO after…. so I know how it feels, just hang in there fellas.

imaximov
11th Aug 2014, 15:41
Yeah, but all of us got emails to not apply in the next 12 months.... So, a deadend then?

elmore81
11th Aug 2014, 16:11
Ok,

Lets do a roll call of all those who have been rejected.

Hours

Add any other information you think may be relevant.

USA1pilot
11th Aug 2014, 17:07
OK

-----

imaximov
11th Aug 2014, 18:42
Hours: 320 on CS25 jet and about 480 total
applied for FO/NTR
Level 5
Last flight - the day of the application

For the Cadet guys - As I remember from before you had to write three essays. These are the taleo traps. It searches for keywords in that! Fur the rest I just can't imagine... :)

Tango Romeo A320
11th Aug 2014, 18:49
Hi there!

Most of the people applying for cadet non type rated scheme will be rejected because it represents less than 2% of the new comers!
10 years ago when wizz started to operate they had a largest part of cadet non rated but they had good and bad experiences (most of them)! So for the moment this scheme is not the one they will push the most!
They want rated pilot ready to fly now or experienced FO (rated or not)!

About their selection criteria and IT tool
The system they use is good or bad... I do not know! I am not in the HR department. We are not here to judge it!
Of course they do not screen all the application... the system does it! Only the ones with all boxes ticked would be considered!

We all want to find a job and I really hope that it is going to be in a near future!

If you do not have a JOC, do it...
If you can do a TR on Airbus, maybe do it as it can be the only criteria they wanna see!

Be ready and do not stop trying!

A320baby
11th Aug 2014, 19:10
We got a company email a few weeks ago, they said they are looking to recruit 40 cadets for next season. In the future these cadets will come from two training providers..

Good luck to all!!!

They need pilot's, real bad!

elmore81
11th Aug 2014, 21:32
So according to tango Romeo only 2% of 200 (based on what has been mentioned before) will be non rated cadets. That's a total of 4!

Not good odds

Tango Romeo A320
11th Aug 2014, 22:06
And this percentage was given to me two or three years ago by a TRI captain from the house! According to the expanding plan of the company the number of 200 seems realistic!
Take into consideration that some Senior FO's will leave for majors in the Middle East or somewhere in Asia... This number can be more important!

Now the big deal is of course about the cadet non rated... How to be hired without getting this minimum experience that they all require!
Few companies are opening vacancies for cadet low hours...
Wizzair has opened a vacancy for that profile but none of the person I know managed to be selected!

marghe83
12th Aug 2014, 01:23
Has anyone got rejected as a non type rated cadet with more than 1000hours?

elmore81
12th Aug 2014, 08:20
Think everyone is getting auto rejection.

Conor1
12th Aug 2014, 08:45
where and when is the next open day for wizz air? :ugh:

Cedmat
12th Aug 2014, 08:59
Hi everyone,

My profile:

Total Time: 242h

Just finished my training at the end of july.
Confirmation mail from Wizzair for my application: 8 August 2014 at 20:44.
No rejection mail 'till now... (fingers crossed)

Tango Romeo A320
12th Aug 2014, 09:51
I have applied for the cadet rated on August 1st and still no answer...

VanDeures
12th Aug 2014, 10:00
I was in Bucharest and i received a reply august telling me that I would be considered for autumn 2014...

Dear Candidate,

It has been quite a while since your participation in our Open Day Recruitment event in Bucharest earlier this year.

As of September 2014 we plan to start our new campaign and we would gradually invite candidates of your experience, therefore if you are still available and interested to be part of the selection process with us, please send me your updated pilot datasheet. You will find the new version in the attachment of this email.

Please also indicate in case you are no more interested in this opportunity.

29 years, 1100 hours, no typerating, scandinavian.

b737air
12th Aug 2014, 10:31
Great news VanDeures.

So, did you receive this email from Wizz Air at their initiative? I mean, did you complete an application last week or have you just waited for them to give you a sign?

I ask you because I am a little afraid of Taleo system they have and I don't want to risk a ban for 12 months by applying to their system.

I am romanian and I was at the pilot open day in Bucharest and received this email in february '14: "Thank you for the update. We will update our records here. I can tell you that your application is in a holding pool, and it is very likely now that you will be considered for next season’s recruitment starting in Autumn 2014."

Anunaki
12th Aug 2014, 10:31
VanDueres,

I was in Bucharest too, when did that email came in,if you don't mind me asking?
I received the email saying I would be considered for Autumm 14' too,but it was earlier this year ,not august :confused:

VanDeures
12th Aug 2014, 11:23
Got first reply december 2013 saying that I met all requirements and that it could be that I would be considered in the autum 2014 recruitment process.

Second reply I got august, saying that I should update and could be selected for further assesment.

Only applied at the open day..

A320baby
12th Aug 2014, 13:47
Let me assure you, there will be a lot more then 4 cadets employed this summer!! We've had at least 6 cadets based in my base within the last two months

Tango Romeo A320
12th Aug 2014, 14:50
I hope so... But look all the people here for the cadet non rated have been rejected!
I have applied as cadet rated... I did not received any answer so far! Last time I was trying the cadet non rated and got the no answer quite quickly!

There will be new FO's but I don't know the proportion of FO's rated and non rated, cadet rated and cadet non rated! Any clue?

B767PL
12th Aug 2014, 19:24
I have been trying for Wizz for over 3 years now, and they must hate me. I was unable to make it to any of the open days as I live and work outside of Europe.

3200 TT
1300 Turboprop
1400 Regional Jet

Fluent Polish
ICAO 6
28 years old

Storm contacted me last year that I fit the profile and to submit my docs, so I did, and never heard back, followed up, they said Wizz never got back to them. That was as close as I've gotten to an interview.. :ugh:

Anunaki
12th Aug 2014, 21:37
I guess it's pretty hard to get an accurate idea of how many cadets they will take.And I don't think it's a good idea of even trying.
When my mate got it, on his assessment day, 4 type-rated on the Bus candidates didn't make the cut.On the day you have to be good and that's that.
I think that the 2% is a little off.However in the open day,they did mention something like 140 pilots,then tho FO on the flight I took with them the other day said 200.There are other A320 operators who offer bigger salaries recruiting at the same time,Wizzair won't be able to fill all of their seats with experience just like that,my two cents..my be wrong.

There will be more slots.Now,in regards at how they filter candidates,then I cannot comment as I have never applied online with them.

Pilot1002
13th Aug 2014, 00:11
Hy guys, I applied Dec. 2012 and got an invitation on Mar 2013.
I was there and the recruitment team was awesome, but I was nervous and the HR interview i passed but in the technical 2 captains asked me what is an approach ban, well I know what it is and how to fly, but I didnt now the TERM approach ban.
That was the first thing they making me unsafe and feeling uncomfortable.
Then they asked me why I dont have a JOC, I tried to explain that I didnt know that in the MCC is a JOC included (I really didnt know it because the school didnt tell me that)
So I phoned to the flight school in germany to email me this damned document, but exactly on THIS day they had a IT problem in the office and so I got the f....JOC 3 days later.
Well, they told me cause it was very scant and I´m approved to re-apply before the 12 months.
Well I did that, but within the 8-10 months they changed a lot and it takes more time than expected.
Then they started these "open days" and gave them the priority, so it was very tricky, but they said to me I should write her mid August then she would be able to give me more information because they are changing a lot procedures, documents and requirements.
So i wrote her yesterday AND got an answer 5h ago :(
They wrote apploogize but I have to point out there is no priority for candidates who priviously failed on a recruitment :(
It was my one and only hope.

My profile:
Age 28
290TT
320TT with sim
MCC and JOC on 737
35 MEP
90 IFR
Austrian citizenship but born in Bosnia (I think that was my advantage, cause they opening a lot of new routes from Tuzla TZL/LQTZ)

cheers

Alessio
13th Aug 2014, 10:31
Good morning!
I've applied last autumn at the wizzair cadet rated program and still no answer till now. My application is still submitted for requisition. I've applied for the same position now and I have 2 applications now. Big issue.

Do you have the recruitment email for me to ask about this?
thank you

elmore81
13th Aug 2014, 11:43
I asked already, you just get a standard email back:

Thank you for your email.

You will need to keep your application updated online at Wizz Air (http://www.wizzair.com) and you will be contacted IF we wish to see you further.

Guess they are too busy to answer each email, so its a copy and paste job.

AlexanderH
13th Aug 2014, 12:14
I can tell you right now that considerations for cadets with some time on type will be considered ahead of those with none. There are a good few chaps out there with a couple hundred on type wanting to move.

elmore81
13th Aug 2014, 12:16
Time on type wanting to move to wizz? from which airlines?

Tango Romeo A320
13th Aug 2014, 12:16
B767PL
Did you try to contact Confair...
I had a lot of emailss exchange with them last week but they are really interested to the experienced profile like you!

Good luck

B767PL
13th Aug 2014, 16:34
TR320,

Thanks for the reply.

Do you mean for Wizzair? Or just in general? The only advert for Wizzair I found on their website is for DEC Captains, for which I do not meet the criteria.

Tango Romeo A320
13th Aug 2014, 18:21
Not only for DEC... I guess they were helpful for other positions as well!

Dangerous_D
14th Aug 2014, 08:59
Just checked the website. It now states that 500 hrs total time is required for the non type rated cadet position. The pilot data sheet attachment still says 200 hrs total time. Website glitch or have they just increased the hours requirement :confused:

Jaz110285
14th Aug 2014, 09:31
Hi guys, has anybody received an emails from wizzair to update the pilot's data sheet?

Anunaki
14th Aug 2014, 10:20
Jaz,

I did. Updated mine,now it's a waiting game. It will be interesting to see how many of those experienced pilots who attended the open day,still unemployed and interested on Wizzair. Specially after all the movement in the A320 recruitment world in the past 8 months.

Aer Lingus, Easyjet, BA, Most ME and Far east Airlines, recruited pilots. I am very curious to see what will Wizzair be left to work with. It could be a good thing for Cadets?!

Climb360
14th Aug 2014, 11:20
Don't worry, there are plenty of pilots, with and without hours, waiting for any opportunity. Its true that airlines have been hiring, but the past few years have seen so many people get licenses that even in the best of years, a significant group would not be needed. And the airlines that have been hiring, have largely recruited people with significant amounts of hours.

Joons31
14th Aug 2014, 12:48
Line Captain Mr.Cotton just answered my mail and said that minimum req are now 500 hrs aircraft time.

b737air
14th Aug 2014, 13:53
That's it with Wizz Air for now.

I received the e-mail from Mr Cotton to update my pilot data sheet and sent it back.
Today got this response: " Thank you for your reply, and forwarding your updated pilot data sheet.

I have to report that today, the minimum flying hours for first officers and cadets has been changed. The minimum flight hours required now has increased to 500 hours AIRCRAFT flying time (simulator time is not included).

Therefore, I am sorry to say that now, you do not meet the minimum hours requirements. Your application will not be kept on my file (after the open day in Bucharest), so when you meet these new requirements as advertised on the Wizz Air website, you will need to apply on-line at Wizz Air (http://www.wizzair.com) in the careers section."

:ugh:
Been in Bucharest for the Pilot Open Day,
Romanian,
250 hours Flight Time,
MCC & JOC.

imaximov
14th Aug 2014, 14:17
And yet they added this text to their Careers page:

Wizz Air currently has positions open for both Type rated and Non Type rated First Officers.

For type-rated candidates: If you have more than 500 hours on type, you should apply for experienced first officer A320 type-rated. If you have less than 500 hours on A320, you should apply for Cadet A320 type rated (regardless of other experience).

For Non type-rated candidates: If you have more than 300 hours JAR 25 jet time, more than 500 ME turbo-prop time, or more than 1000 hours MEP time, you should apply for experienced First Officer non type-rated. If you have less than 300 hours JAR 25 jet time, less than 500 ME turbo-prop time, or less than 1000 hours MEP time, then you should apply for Cadet non type rated (regardless of other experience).

Please click on either of the following links to apply:

But when you click on the FO/NTR it says 500 hrs jet....

elmore81
14th Aug 2014, 14:55
So thats a fair majority of us that now don't meet the requirements, i pulled my application before i got a PFO but it really doesn't matter now.

they must have been swamped.

Minimum 500 hours aircraft flying time *
Minimum EASA/JAR FCL1 (or Ukraine equivalent) CPL with ATPL theory knowledge completed.
Last flight within preceding 6 months (SEP or MEP)
Valid and current ME-IR
A valid MCC certificate and course program**
A valid JOC certificate and course program**
Minimum ICAO level 4 English Proficiency

TheBigD
14th Aug 2014, 16:07
I have to report that today, the minimum flying hours for first officers and cadets has been changed. The minimum flight hours required now has increased to 500 hours AIRCRAFT flying time (simulator time is not included).

Therefore, I am sorry to say that now, you do not meet the minimum hours requirements. Your application will not be kept on my file (after the open day in Bucharest), so when you meet these new requirements as advertised on the Wizz Air website, you will need to apply on-line at Wizz Air (http://apicdn.viglink.com/api/click?format=go&key=1e857e7500cdd32403f752206c297a3d&loc=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pprune.org%2Finterviews-jobs-sponsorship%2F545334-wizz-air-autumn-14-a-4.html&out=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.wizzair.com&ref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pprune.org%2Flogin.php%3Fdo%3Dlogin) in the careers section."

:ugh:

The horor, a minimum of 500 hours TT to fly a 737/A320....you guys are such entitled little cry babies.....:mad:

A320baby
14th Aug 2014, 17:04
ThebigD

You are such a :mad:

Your comment is totally invalid and disrespectful.

Guys they might of upped the requirement for the time being, But I am almost 100% sure they will lower it again.

Have faith and good luck

elmore81
14th Aug 2014, 17:07
Who's crying bigd, we are sharing information.

I love a keyboard warrior

TheBigD
14th Aug 2014, 17:38
I love you 250 hour wonders who think they are qualified to fly an Airbus or Boeing.:E

A320baby
14th Aug 2014, 17:43
I'm more then qualified to fly the airbus, been doing it for years.

Anunaki
14th Aug 2014, 17:44
Rudeness is the new standard in aviation ,thought some of us should get used to that.Both from idiotic know it all like the "colleague" here,who finds time to "kick a man down"(I don't think they were cry babies,they were promised priority,they should be upset ) and from Wizzair but hey,airlines owe us nothing ,we can only wish they treat people better.

TheBigD
14th Aug 2014, 17:48
Sweetheart, promised priority? WTF. Competitive minimums change. It's a tough and unfair industry. Just ask these guys how unfair it is. So PFO.
http://www.pprune.org/interviews-jobs-sponsorship/544107-cadets-over-experience-please-explain.html

Anunaki
14th Aug 2014, 18:43
The BigD,

Yes "darling", right there, face to face. I know that, I'm no mug, and not naive. Now, there's obviously people with issues that find pleasure and make it harder for these boys/girls, let it be will ya TheBigD..head. They got their PFO and that's that.

To everyone else;

I will be more constructive then some sky-Gods here. I would disregard the troll as it is certain that he wasn't always a experienced pilot was he?easier to be a keyboard warrior,wouldn't say it to your face.

September there will be a couple of outfits hiring low hours, just keep trying. Meantime look for options. It is a fact that many of the bashers here had also to start somewhere, try to look past their hypocrisy and follow what you feel is right. (I did a instructors rating, considered going to Africa etc)So get out of your comfort zone,if you really want it you will have to make sacrifices. Good luck! :ok:

p.s: I read a few of TheBigD posts and…laughable.Spends his time here bashing people, arrogant and pretentious.If he is what he says, he is no success story so take it with a pinch of salt.PFO.

TheBigD
14th Aug 2014, 19:44
I will be more constructive then some sky-Gods here. I would disregard the troll as it is certain that he wasn't always a experienced pilot was he?easier to be a keyboard warrior,wouldn't say it to your face.

Anunaki,
You are right buttercup, I wasn't always an experienced pilot. But guess what, after my CPL, I got my CFI/CFII/MEI and instructed for a while to get more experience. Then after that it was working for a 135 operator before I finally moved on.

Me the skygod? Hardly. Never would consider myself anything of the sorts. You with your WHOLE 250 hrs TT wanting to fly an Airbus or a Boeing. You sir are the skygod, because when I had that time, I was just looking forward to flying a PA44; because I knew that I had a fairly limited skill set...Hats off to you skygod.

What a selfish little boy like you fails to realize is that you with your 250 hours is the one degrading this industry.Paying for a type rating, working for peanuts, and then wondering why the industry's T&C's have gone to :mad: ; whereas much more deserving and experienced guys wont get a shot. I think you actually do realize this but do not want to admit it; calling me out as a troll is a better way to deflect the issue. And by the way, the funny thing is the guys that do have real experience will agree with me; whereas the 250 hour wonders will call me a troll. Go figure.

By the way, thanks for taking the time to read my posts. I'm honored as I honestly wouldn't spend the time going through others history.

Best of luck man. I honestly do wish you all the best in your pursuit of an airline career. Feel free to bash me Anunaki, but I won't waste my time with this thread anymore than I unfortunately have. Good luck.

melaac
14th Aug 2014, 19:47
Ryanair is now recruiting again I noticed on Pilot shortage - Latest Pilot Jobs (http://www.pilotshortage.co.uk)

Ryanair Boeing 737 First Officer - Pilot shortage - Pilot shortage (http://www.pilotshortage.co.uk/ryanair-boeing-737-first-officer/)

Worth a look

Anunaki
14th Aug 2014, 19:56
Hahahaha pathetic you are !! When did I ever paid for a type rating ??mine was paid for by the company!I paid for a instructors rating,I think you are confused lol 250TT ???you are so damaged "sweetheart" .Yes, Skygod,first to come here ,arrogantly pouring vinegar on peoples wounds,how dare you,what gives you the right??self entitled much?I have't received that email in case you didn't read right but I am sad some of these good people keep getting doors shut on their face .So mr CFI-IIIII astronaut ,jog on…
p.s- Just to add, I agree with you too,not an entry level.But guess what?it is what Wizzair wants..so people with that level of experience will apply,and so should they.I wish I have had those opportunities when I first graduated,I wish them all the best of luck.If you had the opportunity to compete for a job on the 320 before you got your CFI certificates,you wouldn't pass would you?
This is what older,experienced pilots do, you were so condescending,hence my aggressive response.I am sure many pilots with experience, like you said, will agree with you too. Shame none of them will admit that they are also at fault, they are partly the reason the industry is in a nose dive.Wasn't P2F invented in America,by experienced pilots?oh well…
I won't go to the experienced side of the forum, laugh at other peoples misfortunes. Anyway,Guys, September the recruitment season starts,let's hope for better days!!

elmore81
14th Aug 2014, 20:47
bigd, I agree with what you're saying, people who have put in the time instructing should be the first to get the call, but thats not the market we actually live in. I have no problem with Wizz putting up the minimums, but why not do that from the start?

Its the way you tried to make the point, i have never met anyone who actually flys jets with your attitude in real life. Most working pilots just want to see people get on. Also if you are working (and well done if you are) what are you doing in the wannabes forum, did you stop by to try and tell us how much better you are or how much more you know?

If you have something to add then great, but remember that behind every post on here is a person who is just trying to get on.

drag king
14th Aug 2014, 21:22
Has anyone applied without that joke of the JOC?

Dost it lead to immediate PFO-letter if you do, all the other requirement met and exceeded (i.e. >1000 hrs TP, previous commercial experience, MCC etc)?

BigD, stop bashing these kids, go and get someone of your size, dude! On the N/America forum you and your pals jumped at my throat just because I suggested that USA could ease a bit the immigration law for experienced pilots and now here you are to mud these guys just because they vent their frustration? Wanna try first hand? You guys across the pond have it VERY easy compared to us, trust me. Yes, you have to break your back CFI-ing, pipeline-survey etc but it is very much a proven path that we can only dream of.

I have been the sworn enemy of P2F and SSTR/LT since day one...in VNY! Anunaki is right when he says that cr@p was invented in the USA: the names of Ameriflight and Gulfstream Academy spring to mind.Still, I think paying to make a break in this industry is disgraceful and it will bite anyone who does it in his/her arse sooner or later, they are digging their own T&Cs' grave.

What will stop it? Perhaps our own COLGAN 3407, something that is insane even to think about that is what it is: a predatory industry where no prisoners are taken (not much different than the one you Americans experience with your regionals), so make sure you get your house in order before you criticize other for their wrong-doing.

dirk85
15th Aug 2014, 15:06
I applied more that 72 hours ago and did not get a PFO email yet... I suppose I should be happy? :}

Fanor
15th Aug 2014, 15:35
I applied sunday evening and still no PFO....no news is good news

SlingsbyT67M
15th Aug 2014, 15:39
Well if its any conciliation I just got the following:

15/08/2014
First Officer (Non Type-Rated)
FO_NTR_2014

Thank you for applying for the position of First Officer (Non Type-Rated).

We have now had the opportunity to discuss your application, but very much regret, after careful consideration, we have decided not to take your application further on this occasion.

We appreciate this may be disappointing news and would like you to understand that this decision reflects our current recruitment priorities and the nature of the skills we are seeking.

Should you wish to re-apply for a similar position again in the future, please note that we cannot accept another application within twelve months. Due to the high volume of applications we are unable to offer feedback.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for the interest you have shown in Wizz Air and for the time you have taken in making your application and wish you every success in the future.

Yours sincerely,

Wizz Air Recruitment Team

And before you all ask my experience consists of countless hours busting my :mad:instructing and corporate work!

TT 2680 hours
Jet time 1300 hours

I think this is the final straw for me :ugh:

Anunaki
17th Aug 2014, 00:37
Got the same as you SlingsbyT67M, will eventually burn my licence,over a glass of scotch and some jazz. I guess it will feel like breaking up with a very expensive girlfriend.But then, every ending is a new beginning...I hated my previous job. Have a lot of soul searching to do :hmm:

jobertgalea
17th Aug 2014, 08:27
Did you receive the email after 72hrs as happened to previous guys in the thread?

SlingsbyT67M
17th Aug 2014, 10:55
I couldn't have put it better myself Anunaki!! Enough is enough! After countless years spent struggling, living from hand to mouth, instructing etc and eventually getting jet hours I am still not deemed good enough to sit in the front seat of a Wizz bus. I to hated my previous job but you would think 2600 hours would now count for something? Oh, well! Like you say it's time to sit down with my license over a glass of sherry and have the, "it's not you, it's me" conversation. This was truly the last straw...who knows what comes next!

holding80
17th Aug 2014, 18:29
Anunaki, what is your profile?
Age, TT hours, experienced?

teobull
18th Aug 2014, 10:49
Hi all.
Does anybody know what' s the application deadline?
Thanks

Anunaki
18th Aug 2014, 11:49
Holding80,

Age 30, ATR-72 rated with only 25hrs of line flying(got the job in Africa through family contact, a week after induction and started flying,company was grounded but my type was paid by them).Instructors rating afterwards,now with around 830hrs.

Including my basic training TT 1100 exc. sim. Not that is worth anything as I can't have a sniff of an interview. Professional PFO collector.I feel that the Africa situation hurt me, plus I have started to feel that age goes agains't me too.

Next week I am moving back home with my parents(yes,rock bottom) as I lost everything. All of my savings went into flight training/FI. What I'm making now goes to the bank/credit cards. Nothing left for living plus my long term partner left me too(when it gets tough they bail,that's free advice boys).

Living the dream.

dirk85
20th Aug 2014, 09:38
Got an email from Confair requesting more details, let's see what happens.

Scotlad
20th Aug 2014, 14:17
@Dirk85,

When did you apply? I did my application on the 13th, received the application acknowledgement, but have heard nothing since. Whats you age, TT, experience etc?

Good luck to you!

Kubaat3lover
20th Aug 2014, 21:05
Why are u using Confair recr. application form? The same is on Wizzaiir website

dirk85
20th Aug 2014, 22:29
I applied to both, Confair and Wizzair directly, on the 12th.

Close to 2000 hours, 1500 bizjet, 29 yo.

Anunaki
21st Aug 2014, 21:10
British Airways just reopened direct entry again.And they LOWERED their minimums to 200hrs on type…Let's see what Wizzair will do to keep their pilots. Things are looking up at least!

axl76fg
21st Aug 2014, 22:58
Anunaki dont forget that in BA you need level 6 ELP as well as 200h on 320, maybe you fall in the min.req. But not all the people!
Least but not last they prefer active crew and BA is not Wizzair compared so they for sure are going to have thousand of experience applicants to choose from.

By the way,anunaki, what did you do with Wizzair? Last time I heard you was waiting this season to be called!

Mexibro
22nd Aug 2014, 13:42
Hi peeps,

Does anybody knows what's the salary now and day's at wizzair?
Is it still that low? And what about the cost for the type rating etc?

Thanks

Griego
22nd Aug 2014, 14:53
Anyone going to the selection the 22nd sept?

imaximov
23rd Aug 2014, 07:08
Like in "I recently applied and got called yesterday for an interview on the 22nd"?

Griego
23rd Aug 2014, 17:21
yes, correct

beardedclam
26th Aug 2014, 15:31
I am wondering why I haven't received my PFO email yet? Or am I so undesirable I don't even get one? (yes.... low hour type rated in 2014)

saleya22R
26th Aug 2014, 15:49
Received this afternoon from Confair

Dear Sir,

Today we received the news from our client, Wizzair, that they don't need any First Officers(and FO Cadet level) anymore ​. They have reached the numbers needed for the moment already, due to the huge amount of applicants whom applied.
I'm very sorry to inform you this sad news.

Kubaat3lover
26th Aug 2014, 16:44
What does "status: NEW" meanson wizz webpage?

Jean-Francois
27th Aug 2014, 11:57
Kubaat3lover... me too! No idea what does that mean!!! Kur##!!!

saleya22R... I did contact them as well but as a cadet TR... They could not help me because no hours on type!

beardedclam... me too... no letter... nothing!

Still crossing my fingers and studying ;-)

immelmann87
27th Aug 2014, 14:52
Same status here.
Lets hope it is not an abbreviation of Never to be Employed by Wizzair ;)

ProFly
27th Aug 2014, 15:05
Not sure it means much to be honest. I also have the same status of New, however I have taken that Taleo has gone through the form (automated) and passed it, now it's waiting for a human to sift through the thousands - or pick a few at random.

Niok
27th Aug 2014, 15:33
also applied, also kicked out after few hours
same kind of profile (250hrs, atpl-cpl-ir-mep-coffre break-mcc-joc-fcl0.55D)

ther's smth I don't understand : 3000 applicants for just a few cadets that already are pre-selected...

what's the benefit for this company to have 3000 new students spending 1h30 in fulfilling useless forms and to throw their profile away after 72 hrs ??
What if we all sent fake profiles? would they be happy to see what we are experiencing everyday : a loss of time with useless applications?

don't understand why they just don't give higher requirements, or postpone their announcement untill the waiting list is sold? why don't clearly announce "come to the open days or forget about it" ?

not fair !

saleya22R
27th Aug 2014, 16:50
same kind of profile (250hrs, atpl-cpl-ir-mep-coffre break-mcc-joc-fcl0.55D)

don't understand why they just don't give higher requirements

500 hours TT requested...

B767PL
27th Aug 2014, 18:00
"Received this afternoon from Confair

Dear Sir,

Today we received the news from our client, Wizzair, that they don't need any First Officers(and FO Cadet level) anymore ​. They have reached the numbers needed for the moment already, due to the huge amount of applicants whom applied.
I'm very sorry to inform you this sad news."

I received this same e-mail yesterday.

Confair just posted the position a couple of days ago, I sent my app in on the first day. Why bother even posting it, or getting a recruitment agency to do hiring for you if you don't need any more applicants/candidates..

I think after over 4 years of trying for Wizz I have gotten to the point where it would be more beneficial to stay where I am and try to progress here with the planned hiring in the majors. Was never meant to be, and maybe for the better.

One thing I learned is Wizzair has a very random hiring process. Never understood what they are looking for, and why.

Good luck .

Jean-Francois
7th Sep 2014, 21:29
What is happening with Wizz? From one week to another minima have raised to 500hrs aircraft time... So in conclusion if you are rated no hours (or low hours meaning less than 500hrs) the only difference with the cadet non rated is that they are not rejected so far (no PFO answer) but in the other hand they are not really interesting for Wizz?

ProFly
8th Sep 2014, 07:20
Jean-Francois, It shortens the list of incoming CV's to sift through