PDA

View Full Version : New FEH now available

Level Attitude
9th Aug 2014, 00:03
Annoyingly, I hadn't yet heard about this so in case any one else hasn't either:

Flight Examiners' Handbook (Aeroplanes & Helicopters) 2014
Version:2014 Date:28 July 2014

http://www.caa.co.uk/application.aspxcatid=33&pagetype=65&appid=11&mode=detail&id=5203 (http://www.caa.co.uk/application.aspxcatid=33&pagetype=65&appid=11&mode=detail&id=5203)

Bomber ARIS
9th Aug 2014, 02:30
Link doesn't work. Try this (http://www.caa.co.uk/application.aspx?catid=33&pagetype=65&appid=11&mode=detail&id=5203)

BEagle
9th Aug 2014, 07:24
Having seen the FI revalidation 'assessment of competence' requirements (which now take an entire day, it seems), it doesn't surprise me that so many people drop out of flight instruction.

I suspect even more will now give up once the 6 year point arrives....:uhoh:

Particularly if they're also FEs who now need to attend a seminar every 3 years in addition to the other requirements....

So glad I gave it all up; thanks to EASA, it all became too expensive and rule-bound. Which killed off the enjoyment.

Whopity
9th Aug 2014, 08:34
Having seen the FI revalidation 'assessment of competence' requirements (which now take an entire day, it seems)Could this be perpetuation of gold plating? It was clearly not intended by EASA:
GM1 FCL.1015 Examiner standardisation
(a) An examiner should plan per day not more than:
(1) three tests or checks relating to PPL, CPL, IR or class ratings;
(2) four tests or checks relating to LAPL, SPL or BPL;
(3) two tests or checks related to CPL, IR or ATPL;
(4) two assessments of competence related to instructor certificates;

(b) An examiner should plan at least 2 hours for a LAPL, SPL or BPL, 3 hours for a PPL, CPL, IR or class rating test or checks, and at least 4 hours for FI, CPL, IR, MPL, ATPL or MP type rating tests or checks, including pre-flight briefing and preparation, conduct of the test, check or assessment of competence, de-briefing, evaluation of the applicant and documentation.

ifitaintboeing
9th Aug 2014, 09:14
GM1 FCL.1015 Examiner standardisation
(a) An examiner should plan per day not more than:
(1) three tests or checks relating to PPL, CPL, IR or class ratings;
(2) four tests or checks relating to LAPL, SPL or BPL;
(3) two tests or checks related to CPL, IR or ATPL;
(4) two assessments of competence related to instructor certificates;

(b) An examiner should plan at least 2 hours for a LAPL, SPL or BPL, 3 hours for a PPL, CPL, IR or class rating test or checks, and at least 4 hours for FI, CPL, IR, MPL, ATPL or MP type rating tests or checks, including pre-flight briefing and preparation, conduct of the test, check or assessment of competence, de-briefing, evaluation of the applicant and documentation.

:confused:

ifitaint...

Whopity
9th Aug 2014, 11:37
Perm any two!

pembroke
10th Aug 2014, 09:15
Thanks for pointing to the latest issue of the FE handbook. Nothing to highlight it on the CAA Pers./Lic. page and nothing on the subscription service. I seemed to remember providing an e mail contact, nothing there also!