PDA

View Full Version : WHC Poland 2015 and a Helicopter Club.

Dennis Kenyon
8th Aug 2014, 20:35
The tri-annual World Helicopter Championships are scheduled for August 2015 and I'm looking to join say three or four pilots who would like to attend the championships over about four days. I will be planning to make an entry to the 'freestyle' event only which is usually held on the final day of the competition.

The main consideration is securing a suitable helicopter such as Enstrom 480 - MD500, or possibly a turbo piston Enstrom 28/280FX. The idea would be to make a group trip holiday flight to Poland with the participants paying an equal share of the overall costs. Helicopter Hire, fuel, Landing fees and on-route charges plus local hotel accommodation and subsistence. Insurance will be arranged.

Helicopter owners or pilots who have access to a suitable machine are invited to make contact with me at ... [email protected].

NEW SUBJECT. This post is to determine if there is an adequate level of interest in an 'MD 500 Helicopter Club' The idea here will be on the basis of a one yearly payment for membership which will include a stated number of ours on a MD 500 C-20, possibly C-18 model. (30 to 50 hours pa envisaged with an arrangement to have more hours for a higher membership fee.)

The membership fee will include use of the club helicopter, fuel, insurance, maintenance, hangarage and in fact all associated expenses of helicopter operation. Pilot check outs would be required. At present it is anticipated that membership would be set at a maximum of around twelve pilots but there is a possibility that a starter club could become available using a Sikorsky 300 model or a Cabri G2. A TRE/FI would be available to club members. At present the base location is likely to be within say 75 miles of the London area.

Can I ask interested parties to e-mail me as above.

Regards to all. Dennis Kenyon.