PDA

View Full Version : Airborne systems flight training

Rostori
8th Aug 2014, 17:16
I'm considering my options following the completion of my FAA ppl, has anyone got recommendations for a uk atpl/ir/cpl/mcc course? I'm considering stapleford flight centre, does anyone have constructive updates on them? I only found reviews and recs up to 2010.
The reason I'm moving is due to my training provider airborne flight systems. They are dodgy. Symptoms include empty promises, extremely reluctant refunds (they saved the students after panam dumped all the foreign students along with their visas. Panam owes them $1.5 million. Planes are subpar (I heard a story about a coffee jar being used to catch oil from a leak, attached to the inside of the cowling and then dispatched to a student) two students were blackmailed into agreeing to a new training location they were refusing to move to. Muttering about strikes. Lack of respect, they have a 24hour cancellation policy then give us 12 hours notice, sometimes less. I'm hoping I can get away with my full FAA ppl, but this might be the next cabair.
So yeah, any newbies stay far far away, and whatever advice on new schools for good prices would be great, thanks

CL215
11th Aug 2014, 14:53
Have you really got those problems with airborne systems?

I was considering to do a time building with them in November.. Lot of people talked really good advises to me about them...

Would you recommend me some other schools at FXE ??

Thank you in advance.

Rostori
13th Aug 2014, 20:05
Guess I was particularly angry when I wrote that, but it is the truth. A quick search on Google will have you set up with lower prices. If you're just hour building, I'd go for the cheapest I could find. Future employers won't care if that single engine was twice your age, and you can verify good condition for yourself. Does it have to be fxe? Other nearby airports include pompano and boca raton, along with north perry south of Fort Lauderdale international. They're all towered if that's what you're going for. The whole east coast is full of towered airports, then there's naples on the other coast, which is supposed to be really nice with cheap accommodation.
Airborne used to be really nice, but it is more than over loaded now. I fell for their reputation as well, but they're just not coping right now. Too many students and too little money. Stay away. They're also student focused, so I don't know how an outside hour builder would do at all.
There's a smaller school across the road called sky eagle that might be able to hook you up :)

Chris CW
6th Nov 2014, 23:43
anyone considering going here DONT please see link

http://www.pprune.org/professional-pilot-training-includes-ground-studies/368571-airborne-systems-flight-school-ft-lauderdale-fl.html#post8731489

Shocking customer service actually non existent!
They take your money and then don't care what happens to you......

It is run by financial overlords!!!!
Please do not be fooled by what the VP - Vinny says, it's complete BS!
Pour honey in your ear, take your money and do not provide the training!!!

Beware of the so called chief pilots bullies and clueless, one actually threatened a student. A few of us have it recorded on our phones as the idiot left it as a voicemail....

The place is toxic, AVOID AT ALL COSTS or go see for yourself but do not let them control your money!!! Pay as you go!, no more no less!

:=

Wild world
7th Nov 2014, 13:48
I agree with Chris because we stack in this school & every things going very bad nothing change just few lie & new ways to fool people every day they rise fuel charge & crapy plane rent I'm wondering before we come her we was listing that in USA no one rip your money because you in the most justices & fear Country but unfortunately we getting rop in state and no one do any thing where the fesdo where the FAA never recommend this school for any one please if you work hard to be a pilot stay away from this school

FLIGHT2458
1st Feb 2015, 16:13
I have just read all these posts and am surprised because I'm here now at the Airborne base in Fort Lauderdale on part one of my EASA course they call Pro-Pilot. When i first got here the school was really busy with Panam students but from what i can see most are now finished so getting planes and any kind of help is easy.

The staff are friendly, my instructor is always keen to help me whenever i need anything + training and living in southern Florida is like a dream come true or me.

I have heard good things about their base in Malaga called Aerodynamics where i will be for my EASA CPL and IR.

Bring it on.:)