PDA

View Full Version : Cruising - On Board Credit with P&O

Pontius Navigator
8th Aug 2014, 08:26
For some time now cruise companies of the Carnival Group, particularly Cunard, Princess and Seabourn have offered military personnel a small amount of on board credit when taking a cruise.

P&O, although a UK based company has been out of step. Now they have also introduced on board credit for military personnel and veterans.

The benefit is not huge, it ranges from £15 to £125, but it will at least pay for tips and a couple of beers :)

Details here:

https://ask.pocruises.com/help/PO/be...-sail/military

mrmrsmith2
8th Aug 2014, 09:30
anyone know what the doc they are after and where you can get it ?

"Proof of service issued by the MOD for retired personnel (there is a specific document retired personnel can obtain from the MOD for this purpose). "

PapaDolmio
8th Aug 2014, 11:10
The Defence Discount Service website has a discount code and link. Haven't tried it though, not old ( or rich) enough!

Roadster280
8th Aug 2014, 11:59
I used my Army red book for Princess. Cruises booked through the UK can send the form & copy of Certificate of Service to Carnival in Southampton, I believe. $100 credit on Princess. A few beers or a nice meal.

Pontius Navigator
8th Aug 2014, 12:04
anyone know what the doc they are after and where you can get it ?

"Proof of service issued by the MOD for retired personnel (there is a specific document retired personnel can obtain from the MOD for this purpose). "
Anything really, discharge docs, the very nice letter written personally by the AOC, pensions details, printout from the Gazette, try any thing.

I used my veteran's card.

Peter Carter
8th Aug 2014, 15:08
I've tried this; it works for all Carnival ships, but only for their 'Vantage' (now Cunard) fares. If you use the 'saver' fares you don't get the Military Discount. For a 2 week cruise it's $250 on-board spend. They want a photocopy of your ID and will credit your on-board account. Perhaps a better way would be to buy 100 Carnival shares (currently £2149); you will then get $250 for a 14+ day cruise. And you never know what the share price will do.:hmm:

Sam Dodger
8th Aug 2014, 21:36
Shares + Military personnel benefit = even more beers