morno
8th Aug 2014, 08:05
I think you'd find he retired....

Spotlight
8th Aug 2014, 09:53
That was quickly defensive?

morno
8th Aug 2014, 12:12
Depends on how you take the smiley/frowney face on the end of the first post I guess. :=:ok::D:confused::eek::rolleyes:

Quickly though? Only posting when I saw it.

That's only what I'd heard through the grapevine anyway.

ravan
8th Aug 2014, 12:13
Not defensive really. He's quite openly stated his intention to retire for at least the last 4 years.

deadcut
8th Aug 2014, 13:30
Is the eastern section going into industrial action? Or preparing to?

Defenestrator
9th Aug 2014, 22:19
Seems to be so Deadcut. Got an email from the AFAP explaining as much a few days ago.

Spudnik
10th Aug 2014, 05:12
Central Ops going through conciliation at the moment, next stop PIA. Typical arrogant RFDS management behaviour...

Wally Mk2
10th Aug 2014, 05:36
So the Qld section CP is retiring............halluya:E:-)!
There is a God afterall:-)
Shame to see an Australian institution being ruined:-(

Wmk2

Stanwell
10th Aug 2014, 16:34
The beancounters sticking their noses into operational matters, again?

Spudnik
12th Aug 2014, 02:02
CEO is a bean counter, hence the problems. Aviation appears to be a pesky inconvenience

12th Aug 2014, 09:55
Costs too much to run aeroplanes too, better off with a truck:p

Stanwell
12th Aug 2014, 17:42
Ah, yes, pardon the metaphor...
The squeaky gate has been replaced with a computer-controlled, remotely-operated one - and it's all the fault of the great unwashed that it won't open or close like it should!

A brief chat with pilots and/or staff while waiting in the shade of the hangar outback is enlightening.

Then, when I get back to civilisation and check my mail I find it full of huggy-fluffy tripe from the Dynamic, Selfless, hand-wringing management team asking for my continued support for their "Vision".

I'll never stop supporting the RFDS - but this current 'team' (of what? - donkeys, perhaps?) need to get in touch with the realities of what they're being paid big money to administer. Pertinent questions are not answered.
Arrogance, incompetence or something to hide?

p.s. Oh, by the way, I owe my life to the good people of the RFDS.

hurlingham
12th Aug 2014, 21:35
Stanwell

Well said - your comments are applicable to all Sections
Unfortunately the Management do not seem to understand what really happens operationally - it is expensive, and the costs must be reduced.

Not sure how the Doctor Service will go without Flying - Toyotas are not really a suitable option

tail wheel
12th Aug 2014, 21:51
Some comments here are verging on libellous or defamatory. Continue the debate by private PM if you wish.