PDA

View Full Version : 66 Squadron FEAF Belvederes

babybunny
7th Aug 2014, 09:03
Following recent books about RAF activities during the Indonesian Confrontation I am thinking it would be great to write a "history" of 66 Sqd during its period with Belvederes in the Far East. I see this as being an enecdotal book rather than a dull list of serial numbers and tasks. I'm not looking to make money from this, I am no great writer , but I would love to do this for fun, nostalgia, and for my father who commanded 66 during a part of this time, not to mention for my "uncle" Dick Langworthy. Clearly i cannot do this unless there is a willingness for ex 66 personnel to take a few minutes to record and let me have their recollections and photographs of the time.
Im thinking this would not only cover stories of flying and maintaining the Belvederes, but also the fun side such as times with the squadron boats, Rattler and Sui Generis, the Fruit bat ski kite and so on.
If there is anyone out there who is interested or anyone who knows anyone who would be interested in helping me with this I would love to hear from you.
my email is [email protected]
I WILL HAPPILY JUMP ON MY MOTORBIKE AND COME TO EX 66 SQDN PERSONNEL AND INTERVIEW THEM TO GET THIS DONE