PDA

View Full Version : My Uncle

Thelma Viaduct
6th Aug 2014, 20:37
Just wanted to say a few words about my Uncle that passed away a couple of weeks ago and was cremated on Monday.

He died aged 42 after 18 years of service in the REME. He was seriously injured in an accident involving a tank in Iraq in GW2. The accident left him requiring heavy doses of morphine, daily. Well it was all too much for his body to take and it looks like his organs gave up the battle and he died of organ failure.

Apparently he had saved a child's life by risking his own in Bosnia, and was mentioned in dispatches, whatever the **** that is, to no other than the person responsible for his early death.

So thank you Tony Blair, for taking my Uncle from his son and the rest of the family.

Courtney Mil
6th Aug 2014, 21:21
I'm sorry for your loss, PP. So sad for someone so young. Saving a child's life is worth more than any mention, but acknowledgment for anything is always good. God bless.

smujsmith
6th Aug 2014, 22:39
PP, total sympathy for your loss, I really hope you can come to terms with this, and accept that sometimes , the best are taken early. Stay strong mate.

Smudge

onyxcrowle
7th Aug 2014, 08:52
So sorry for your loss , its so hard to deal with the loss of someine close.
Noone can tell you how to grieve. Take each day as it comrs and may your uncle rest in peace
Best wishes
J

Two's in
7th Aug 2014, 12:20
Arte et Marte

Shack37
7th Aug 2014, 14:52
PP, I can only add my condolences to those already expressed here by others. Try to remember the good times you enjoyed with him though they may be few as he surely spent much time away.

Stitchbitch
7th Aug 2014, 20:25
As above, Arte et Marte. Keep your chin up and your powder dry, sorry for your loss.