PDA

View Full Version : C182RG / C82R / 182R POH request

eivissa
4th Aug 2014, 09:06
Hello,

within the rotorheads forum we have a thread to share aircraft documents like POH, FM, TM and MM within fellow Ppruners. I couldnt find something similar here, so here is my request...

Following aircraft:
Cessna 182
Retractable gear
Non-Turbo / Standard 540 engine
Build 1980

I am looking for pilots operating handbook and or other training documentation that I could use for basic reference.

Thank you very much for your help!

eivissa

ChickenHouse
4th Aug 2014, 09:15
Nice idea, but major problem with these is copyright, as Cessna only freed up the very old POHs.

fireflybob
4th Aug 2014, 09:43
Quite a few POHs are posted online if you do a Google - is this one any good?

C182RG POH (http://www.redskyventures.org/doc/cessna-poh/Cessna_182_C182RG_1981_POH_scanned.pdf)

eivissa
4th Aug 2014, 13:13
The copyright thing might be a show stopper, but for reasons like...
-The manufacturers dont make their real money with having copyrights on technical documents. In contrast to book authors or musicians.
-In the interest of safety, the most current documentation of any aircraft should be easy access, but barely ever is. See MD Helicopters free web access in comparison on how it should be done!

Just check the rotorheads section of Pprune and see how it can be handled and how much appreciated this form of sharing is.

Thanks for posting the link, this information might be just enough for my purposes. :ok:

Pilot DAR
4th Aug 2014, 13:55
-The manufacturers dont make their real money with having copyrights on technical documents. In contrast to book authors or musicians.

Yes, but they are still exposed to liability from the use (or misuse) of their documents, so it is reasonable to expect that they would like to control the distribution of the documents, and reduce misuse.

Cessna did provide many "Information Manuals" which were a "frozen it time" reprint of the aircraft flight manual, and suitable for study, and groundschool, but not the "official" flight manual with which to fly the aircraft.

-In the interest of safety, the most current documentation of any aircraft should be easy access, but barely ever is.

"Current" is an important element. Flight Manuals, as well as maintenance manuals in particular, are subject to revision, or to being serial number specific to an aircraft. So again, one could possess a manual which seems to be close, but it not entirely applicable. As long as the pilot (or maintainer) realizes this, and does not misuse the document, all is well, and yes, having the information "out there" increases knowledge. But, when people start flying and maintaining with out of date or non applicable manuals, problems can begin.

This can be particularly troublesome when an aircraft has modifications with Flight Manual Supplements, and changed limitations, or restrictions imposed by AD, resulting in Flight Manual changes. That information has to be available to the pilot. It will be missed if the wrong source Flight Manual is referenced for flight.

So study with whatever you can find, but assure that flight is conducted with the specific Flight Manual (and supplements) applicable to the aircraft.