PDA

View Full Version : Certiefied online PPL theory training in one country , exams in another

ghar
3rd Aug 2014, 15:27
Dear Users.

Can anyone advise me whether online PPL theory courses exist, either in the UK, or elsewhere, which provide certification of 'attendance' i.e. completion of the course. Do you know if for example a PPL theory course completed online in one EASA country, such as the UK, can be used as a basisi for attendance of the PPL theory exams in a second EASE country.

I'm doing my practical in Belgium and would prefer to follow an English language theory course, preferably online. Belgian requirements however are not only that you pass the final theory exam, but also 80% course attendance.

Any info on this would be appreciated. Thank you.

CATS Support
4th Aug 2014, 19:25
CATS offers a free PPL online course

70% is distance learning online and is free to all
30% is residential which comes at a price either from CATS or from a partner school

It is used by schools from several EASA national authorities
On occasions specific content has had to be developed for national authorities air law requirements

Belgium is not in the list but there is no reason why the Belgian authority could not be contacted directly by your good-self or by a willing partner school in Belgium

Transferability of course completion certificates and exam passes is a formality but should be checked prior to proceeding on such a matter