PDA

View Full Version : Eastern multi-based???

penny_benjamin
26th May 2002, 10:22
Still rumours that Eastern are planning to have Melb and Syd bases in the future???
Anyone heard any fact behind the rumours?

ksd333
27th May 2002, 02:05
my info may not be up to date as i interviewed last year but as i understand, eastern (now qantaslink) only have sydney base as quantaslink/impulse have melb and soon hobart.
cloud nine is a ppruner who just started a little while ago with eastern, so she would have the latest info or find biscuit chucker and hugearse, who have been extremely quiet on this site lately, how are things going guys? tell us all about future recruitment PLEASE.;)

flying_fox
27th May 2002, 11:01
........that Eastern will have a small crew base in MEL to cover the numbers that Southern had with their Dash 8 crew. Alot of exKD FA's are now with Easterns in SYD and are originally from MEL and are very keen to move back home if/when an Eastern base does open.

:)

How's it Hanging
29th May 2002, 03:30
I think there is a ground school at present with another 15-20 to start soon so keep applying.
Eastern will have a base in ML when Southern comes under its banner, but positions will only be available if there is not enough Southern/Eastern crew already there.

Hugh Jarse
7th Jun 2002, 20:01
F/A initial (group) interviews on the 16th (Sunday).

Pilot interviews next Tuesday.

HIH I think is on the money. I've only heard the crew-room banter which you can take with a grain of salt.......

It may be a while before anything becomes clear regarding crew basings, as the 'integration' issues need to be sorted first and it's VERY early days as far as that goes. I suspect there will be nothing clear for at least a couple of months.