PDA

View Full Version : Good institute for A320 type rating?

Skyblade
3rd Aug 2014, 12:50
Hello
I was interested in doing self funded A320 type rating. Which institutes are good. Please share your experiences and suggestions.

Thanks

pilotchute
3rd Aug 2014, 14:03
How about you start by giving some pertinent info? Do you need FAA, EASA? You can't just write a post like yours and expect a good answer.

I see from your previous posts your a 200 hour wonder. Try doing some research before you post anything else.

too_much
3rd Aug 2014, 14:57
A320 PRO-M DUAL SEAT TRAINING DEVICE (DSTD) | SECTIONS/MODULES | A320 | COMPONENTS | Flightdeck Solutions (http://www.flightdecksolutions.com/components/a320/a320-sections-modules/a320-pro-m-dual-seat-training-device-dstd/)

Skyblade
3rd Aug 2014, 15:00
@pilotchute

I hold DGCA (India) cpl/ir. I have 200 hr total time with multi-engine IR. I seek to do type rating from a DGCA approved institute as per DGCA's syllabus. Which briefly is like
• 32 Hours of Ground School(consists of Jet induction training)
72 Hours of Ground Training(consists of systems, operational, CRM, M&B, perf, preflight inspection)
• 20 Hours of Fix Base Simulator(consists of cockpit familiarisation etc)
• 34 Hours of Full Flight Simulator(consists of PF,PM, circuits & landings, LOFT, Checks)

Before starting this thread i used the search option which returned nothing specific.

@too_much
Thanks for posting. But i intend to do on a full flight simulator.

schweizer2
3rd Aug 2014, 15:11
pprune, google, yahoo all show up with nothing?

Guess not many candidates must do a DCGA approved A320 course... perhaps search for the 737? :ok:

Skyblade
3rd Aug 2014, 15:21
@schweizer2
Google, yahoo etc show up many results. As each one is doing business.

To get genuine replies from experienced people is the reason to post and discuss on a forum.

schweizer2
3rd Aug 2014, 15:27
People gain experience by working their way up the chain.. You are trying to buy yourself a ticket to the top seat. Hardly able to find genuine people for genuine replies in this situation.

TheBigD
3rd Aug 2014, 17:15
Ok skyblade, I'll bite...
Why a 320 TR? Do you have a job secured with a potential employer?
If not, save your ( I mean your parents) money. Ask all of those unemployed 200 hr Indian cpl wonders with a type if it's gotten them anywhere?
Oh, and by the way , you have no business whatsoever in a 320 with 200 hrs hours tt.
Have fun pissing away your parents money

pilotchute
3rd Aug 2014, 19:18
Alliance in Miami are DGCA approved. They are the same building as Pan Am so ask for prices from both schools. Pan Am do ratings for less than 10k USD'S.