PDA

View Full Version : MECIR Renewal

Airbus388
31st Jul 2014, 16:46
Gday All,

Im looking for some advice regarding doing my renewal, and also looking at getting my baron Endorsement at the same time.

Any advice on anywhere people can recommend in Adelaide or Gold Coast area, where people have found the training to be good.

too_much
31st Jul 2014, 18:16
G'day,

Aerostar have a Baron B55 VH-CBG

You could get endorsed and then proceed for the renewal for your MECIR

Here is a photo of it taken from there website
http://www.aerostar.net.au/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/vhcbglarge11-806x393.jpg

iPahlot
31st Jul 2014, 22:24
Tyabb and Lilydale aeroclubs have some travelairs on line, cheaper than the Baron and gives you the same endorsement :ok:

Having said that, after September I don't think it'll matter much. Food for thought.

Hans Solo
31st Jul 2014, 23:43
So what happens after September???????

Hans

airwolf117
31st Jul 2014, 23:59
I recommend John Chew in Melbourne. He does MECIR renewals on a VERY tidy Travelair, which is owned by one of the local organisations.

He knocks over an MECIR efficiently and very professionally. Highly recommended and worth the travel!

iPahlot
1st Aug 2014, 02:15
So what happens after September???????

Hans

Civil Aviation Safety Authority - Frequently asked questions (http://www.casa.gov.au/scripts/nc.dll?WCMS:STANDARD::pc=PC_101757)

And to save you some searching...

I have a Piper Seneca aircraft endorsement, which is a light multi-engine aeroplane. After 1 September 2014, am I authorised to fly other multi-engine aeroplanes? What do I need to do?

Under Part 61, the Piper Seneca type rating is included in the multi-engine aeroplane class rating. Therefore, you will be granted a multi-engine aeroplane class rating. So from 1 September 2014, you will be authorised to fly any other multi-engine aeroplane that is not listed as requiring a type rating. For example, you do not need to get a separate type rating to fly a Cessna 402. However, you need to comply with the general competency requirement in regulation 61.385 – see the next question for more information.