PDA

View Full Version : Moving from FZ to EY

ZS-DOG
29th Jul 2014, 17:43
Hey all.

Can anybody shed some light on this matter. Is it true that you have to leave the UAE for 12 months before you can move from FZ to EY or EK. Do you know if there are agreements in place that restrict movement :confused:

Thanks in advance.

FlyingTinCans
29th Jul 2014, 18:49
Guys have gone straight from FZ to EY & EK and not had to leave the UAE.

I think the '12 months' comes from the UAE labour law - if you break your end of an employment contract the ministry of labour can ban you from working in the UAE for 12 months.

High Energy
29th Jul 2014, 18:54
Last I heard it's only the 3 years at Flydubai that restricts you. I heard that 12 month ban is not true. Can't find anything written down though.

None of the guys I spoke to that left for Ek had to leave the UAE for 12 months. Just their 3 years and 3 month notice.

Kenai
30th Jul 2014, 05:21
Its a local labour law. It can be enforced if you break your contract. However if you complete your contract, (The 3 years you signed up for) it cannot be enforced. I have known of some cabin crew (not in FZ) that were stopped from leaving citing this law...but then they were in the company for less than 2 years. Others who had completed 3 years did not face any problem. :ok:

High Energy
30th Jul 2014, 11:46
Thank you. Appreciate the reply. :ok:

Capt Bubbles
30th Jul 2014, 12:54
As far as I am aware you can go to Emirates after 3 years at Flydubai, but you CANNOT go to EY. Apparently there is now something written in an HR manual regarding this. I heard this from a guy at EY :ugh:

Voodoo 3
30th Jul 2014, 13:15
I suppose you could resign from FZ and get a job at a mall coffee house for a week and then resign from that and then join EY. Technically you won't have joined direct from one t'other??

ZS-DOG
3rd Aug 2014, 17:38
Thank all. :ugh::}

VaniosLenos
4th Aug 2014, 06:44
@ Voodoo:
Which mall coffee house is better you think?

Coupled_To_Me
5th Aug 2014, 12:36
Would I be correct in saying that the only real advantage in leaving FZ and joining EK is the opportunity to fly a widebody aircraft?

Financially, in the medium term at least, you'll do better at FZ - assumimg 3 yrs to command at FZ versus 7-8 at EK?

Lifestyle wise the FZ guys seem much happier with the advent of their PBS?

Gulfstreamaviator
5th Aug 2014, 14:05
see news sections................
glf