PDA

View Full Version : David Clark H10-13X and Headset Services

kevkdg
27th Jul 2014, 11:31
Hi,

I have two pairs of H10-13X's. Both with hard wired 9v power units.

One pair, the microphone wire must have a loose connection at the power unit. As if I wiggle it about the connection comes and goes.

On the other pair, the on/off switch at the power unit is a little temperamental, when switching it on, most of the time I have to put some downward pressure on the switch with it in the "on" position for it to actually turn on. Once on it is fine.

Headset services won't even consider giving me a rough estimate and want the headsets posted to them. As it would be a few quid to post both headsets off, and if I don't like the quote I'd have to pay return postage, so would be an expensive way to get a quote.

I live in Leeds and was wondering if anyone knew of anywhere more local to me?

Also, has anyone used Headset Services at Shoreham for a similar fault, and if so what were the costs?

Many thanks

mad_jock
27th Jul 2014, 18:40
What your going to get is "uneconomic to repair we can sell you another headset"

They will want to replace the whole of the Comm Cord Kit w/9V Module.

http://www.davidclark.com/PartsLists/PartsList.aspx?ItemNumber=40411G-06

I to have the same trouble with one of my headsets.

Only way its seems to fix it is to order one form the states and fix it yourself.

David Clark 40599G-54 Comm Cord Kit w/9V Module (http://www.skygeek.com/40599g-54.html)

Fitter2
27th Jul 2014, 18:46
Better still bypass HSL and send the whole headset to DC in the USA, and receive an as new headset back.

Their charges are very reasonable, and normally less than fixing in UK including the shipping cost.

silverknapper
27th Jul 2014, 22:48
Sadly this reflects my recent experience of them also.

Used them a few years back and sang their praises. However this was warranty work on a DC. But they were excellent.

Recently asked for a part to be sent, just a bracket. It's for a headset I make my living with so can't send it to them. And the part would take me two seconds to fit. Refused point blank.

Won't be recommending them again.