PDA

View Full Version : Cefaly Migraine headband and ReliefBand for nausea?

Carrier
24th Jul 2014, 22:21
I have been looking at online information regarding the Cefaly headband for migraine relief. This device originated in Belgium and then became available in the rest of Europe, the UK, then Canada and recently in the USA.

The Cefaly seems to provide some relief for many but apparently it does not work for about 30% of sufferers. It is expensive so apart from the disappointment a purchaser who received no help from it would be heavily out of pocket.

Prices are a crap shoot, with vast differences in prices in various countries after currency conversion between euros, pounds and Canadian and American dollars. Then throw in taxes and shipping. The best price seems to have been $250 in Canada but this must be old information. Current Canadian price from Cefaly Canada (Roxon) is $350 plus shipping and taxes, which grosses up to $389 in Alberta to $426 in Nova Scotia.

The Cefaly headband works by applying an electric pulse to a nerve in the head. The ReliefBand similarly provides an electric pulse to a nerve in the wrist to prevent nausea. Both devices are adjustable for strength of pulse. It seems logical that one could use a ReliefBand as a substitute for a Cefaly. It would be easy to add some elastic to keep it in place around the head. The ReliefBand costs about one third of the price of a Cefaly.

Has anyone tried using a ReliefBand for migraines? I will be grateful for thoughts and feedback on this possibility.

Clare Prop
26th Jul 2014, 08:04
No, but my sister had regular migraines for 40 years, ones that would keep her completely unable to function for days at a time.

One session with a Craniosacral therapist and she has been migraine free for five years.