PDA

View Full Version : Emirates airlines application under review for 3 weeks

expat1230
23rd Jul 2014, 17:36
I have applied in emirates airlines for ground handling but my application says under review from past 3-4 weeks now. Is the application rejected or is it normal that it takes such a long time.

TransitCheck
25th Jul 2014, 04:36
This is PPRUNE not PGHRUNE.

fairy_princetongirl
30th Oct 2014, 09:30
hI!

I Applied for a post in the training department and my application is under review for past 3 week. Is it a good sign? Can i expect a positive response ?

Global Nomad
31st Oct 2014, 21:39
Perhaps there might be someone else slightly better qualified?

CaptainChipotle
1st Nov 2014, 17:52
30/30. Don't shoot the messenger but you wouldn't be coming to EK as a DEC. you'd be planted on the right side for quite a while.

There are HUNDREDS of qualified FO's upgrading or preparing to upgrade. 3yrs ago those guys didn't have enough flight time, now they have plenty.

CC

fatbus
2nd Nov 2014, 01:57
There may be hundreds of FO's that quailify but if they can't get new hires to replace them for the upgrade you will see DEC's. That has and always will be the wildcard that EK uses. Don't be surprised if you see DEC 's on the 777 late next year.

Global Nomad
2nd Nov 2014, 08:41
I've never known anyone to be overqualified, so perhaps not.

777X
2nd Nov 2014, 17:24
Is it true EK need close 1,000 new hires over the next year? Previous figure quoted was 600 but something to do with line guys being pulled for national service. Maybe just a rumour.

Alconguin Crusader
3rd Nov 2014, 03:36
It probably has to do with lots of pilots leaving the company more than anything else but yes there is some expansion factored into that formula.
Over 50 pilots have left so far this financial year with many more hoping for that call to real airlines.
Join Emirates with risk to your health.
If you really want to come to the muddle east think about EY or QR. they both pay more than EK and have significant shorter upgrade time. Probably 3 times less wait.

TheColonel
3rd Nov 2014, 12:28
I would check your math regarding the pay. They do not pay more then EK. That is fact.:ok:

Outatowner
3rd Nov 2014, 13:04
"Probably 3 times less wait." Check that math too. If it's 6 years in EK, let's see...
6 x 3 = 18
6-18 = -12

Nope, doesn't make sense! Who does your fuel calcs??

Alconguin Crusader
4th Nov 2014, 02:49
The math is correct

If Ey and QR upgrade in 3 plus years Emirates will upgrade in 10years. That is a fact!
Both the other Middle East airlines pay more than EK when you factor in the whole package. Don't forget to include in your calculations 92 hours for Emirates vs 80 hrs for the others.

fatbus
4th Nov 2014, 22:38
AC , I'm not defending EK by any means but why do you have such a hate for them?

TransitCheck
5th Nov 2014, 00:51
Why do you guys have such a love for propping up EK?

This is why we still have a line of applicants out the door. The T&C for will never increase with so many applicants waiting. Stop talking it up and at least be realistic....it's not what it was and it's definitely not worth leaving a good job for. Now I see why we can never keep a means of seeing our rosters early.

Alconguin Crusader
6th Nov 2014, 09:30
Fatbus by making a statement like you did, no matter how well intentioned you do a disservice to would be applicants. If there is anything I say that is not completely true you should point it out. By asking why an emirates pilot hates its employer speaks more about how the employer treats its employees than the employee.
Give us back jumpseats, our bidding system, 75 hours a month, and ALTs to our home of record and the pilot group would do a lot less bitching. Most of the above is zero cost items so it says a lot about Emirates and what they think of us. All negative.

fatbus
6th Nov 2014, 16:01
On the contrary , just trying to put forward a non bias view of the job and location so that new hires are some what more informed as to what to expect.
BTW tell me me when we lost the jump seat and the exact circumstances involved, you seem to be in the know.

colo18
9th Nov 2014, 05:39
Hey guys I am having my interview tomorrow with EK.

I am looking forward to work here but hope is not as bad as it looks.

I am a former QR pilot and the pilots there wanted to come to EK so now I don't understand.

But in order to do so you have to be out of QR for more than a year so I am now able to work for EK.

Hope everything goes well...

Regards

marrigold123
5th Sep 2015, 10:51
I want to know that I applied for finance supervisor post ,my job status is application under review from last February,2015 in emirates airline .I didn't receive any rejection letter.Can I expect they will call me ?.Now it regularly updated as same

gardenshed
6th Sep 2015, 08:23
Think of it as a lucky escape.

kat127
6th Sep 2015, 08:26
Applied two years ago- got through to final interview stage last October after 3 months waiting- waited 6 weeks to be told No!

Got a phone call this year in June out of the blue, phone interview, offered the job. They take ages but try to forget about it and hang in there :)