PDA

View Full Version : CTC

an arab pilot
22nd Jul 2014, 22:31
hello there ....

i've been accepted to stage two at CTC
"qatar airways program"

would like to know what are the topics that i should study for maths and physics?

and what to expect during the intreview?

i just graduated from high school ... i read all about the aptitude test. did they update it?

thanks in advance

steve.wythe
24th Jul 2014, 10:23
Just wrote about this - here's a link: How to Pass CTC Wings Selection: Abridged | Glorified Bus Driver (http://wp.me/p3pBCg-3c)

My assessment day was in November, so probably won't have changed.

As for the maths test, long division and multiplication is all they really test you on. Pen and paper only, so get good at mental arithmetic and it won't be a problem.

steve.wythe
26th Jul 2014, 06:13
This is exactly why I usually avoid posting on PPRuNe.

It strikes me as odd that instead of contributing, or even criticising me on the basis of what I have written, what you have chosen to do is draw some spurious conclusions on the basis of the username I chose - which, more to the point, has nothing to do with what the original poster asked.

Since you brought it up, however, I feel I should make this point: I take my professional responsibilities very seriously. Accordingly I would expect others, including management, to recognise those responsibilities. If you truly believe that a mildly self-disparaging username betrays a lack of self-respect or has any bearing at all on my expectation to be treated with dignity, then you have the wrong idea.

It's sad that this is the kind of response that is seen as inevitable from certain members of this community. I understand that you would rather that many didn't consider this career at all, but I don't believe that the hostility on this forum achieves anything other than a lot of people dismissing all of the advice here altogether.

PPRuNeUser0173
26th Jul 2014, 07:13
Well said Steve........

Tasmaniac
26th Jul 2014, 19:01
Couldn't agree more..... after 40 years of hauling cargo around the world, I'm still happy to refer to myself as a Glorified Truck Driver. Get a life Smithy..... or at least a sense of humour transplant.