PDA

View Full Version : Aircraft checkout/rental in the Brisbane region

TheBigD
21st Jul 2014, 15:32
Hey guys,

I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction regarding a/c rental/checkouts in the greater Brisbane region. Looking for a decent 4-seater. Due to a job relocation, my wife's sister and her husband relocated out there, and we are planning on paying them a visit in November. We plan on staying for a little over two weeks.

After the checkout, I plan on a 3 day rental so that my brother in law and I could see some of the sights from the air. Are there any places that are a must see?

Thanks!

p.s. I will be working on my certificate validation with CASA (FAAcertificate holder here). I am assuming once I get the needed paper work processed, it is just a quick checkout with the school's CFI??

airwolf117
22nd Jul 2014, 00:01
Aerobatics Australia in Redcliffe (just north of Brisbane CBD) have a tidy C182.
Home (http://www.aerobatics-australia.com/)

I recommend visiting Byron Bay, the lighthouse is great from the air! Then track northbound along the coast (500ft), get a clearance for coastal along Gold Coast airport and continue back to Redcliffe coastal, flying below Q1 and the other Gold Coast high-rise buildings. One of the most scenic routes I know of!

hillbillybob
22nd Jul 2014, 04:49
just spent a few happy weeks with the crew at Redcliffe Aero club and would recommend them to anyone that asked

gchriste
22nd Jul 2014, 07:10
Another recommendation for Redcliffe Aero Club. CTAF, so keeps you from needing to known the ins and outs of Archerfield straight away. Easy access to the Islands and Sunshine Coast. Great bunch of people!

TheBigD
22nd Jul 2014, 13:44
Thanks to you all for the recommendations.

Will send a few emails to the schools to get some more info!!!

Airworlf: Byron Bay sounds like a blast as does flying up and down the Gold Coast.

Since I am planning on renting out the plane for 3 days, I would also like to see as much of Queensland as I could. I think it would be great fun for example to fly from Brisbane to Airlie Beach to either Longreach or Emerald and back down to Brisbane....Would love not only to have a scenic flight along the coast but would love to see the interior of the country as well. Thoughts??? Recommendations?