PDA

View Full Version : EK pension check

Payscale
21st Jul 2014, 11:04
How is your Mondiale pension doing?
Dont read their calculation method!

Just what you have actually paid in and the percentage increase to what you have now divided by numbers of year in service.

I come out with a chocking 18% over 13 years (1.38 % pa) :(:(

nakbin330
21st Jul 2014, 11:26
Over 6 years I'm up 38% on the B, and 42% on the A.

Only been feeding the C for a couple of years and up 22%.

Mondial has been giving me good info.

If one leaves their contributions in the default funds, one can expect less than 3% per annum.

Payscale
21st Jul 2014, 11:42
I suppose if I look at the last 6 year I too have done quite well. Your six years doesnt cover the 2008 crash.

nakbin330
21st Jul 2014, 11:59
I joined just prior to the crash and obviously started from scratch. Quite a few of the more popular funds, the high equity jobs, have more than doubled since the crash.

I agree that the crash would have had a hugely detrimental effect on your average return.

Dropp the Pilot
21st Jul 2014, 12:06
It would be interesting to know what you think Mondial has to do with your return - as opposed to swinging fund management fees, opaque holdings, and very strictly limited fund offerings.

As an example, the cash funds are one of the few places I know where you can 'invest' your cash and lose money....

Al R
21st Jul 2014, 12:12
Change your pension provider? Sorry, it may be that I'm talking through my butt and that you can't. But are there any restrictions on shopping around?

nakbin330
21st Jul 2014, 12:24
I'm certainly no expert and see them once a year. I listened to their advice, went high risk equity, and have stayed with the same funds ever since, all of them within the provident fund offerings.

I asked about moving some funds from an external source, asked for and was given info regarding investing outside the EK scheme.

Mondial have yet to convince me that anything they have offered is better than what's available in the C fund. So I sit, on cash, a little gun shy due to previous poor decisions.

typhoonpilot
21st Jul 2014, 23:21
http://www.emiratescapitalassetmanagement.com/

Over the years I watched Dwayne's videos but used s slightly different system than him. I watch the S&P 500 and DAX's 50 and 200 day moving averages to make decisions on switching in and out of equities.

Go back into his blog archives and read the posts from late 2007 and early 2008 to see how effective he has been though. Well worth watching what he has to say.

Typhoonpilot