PDA

View Full Version : additional type MET(H) to SET(H)

Camp Freddie
17th Jul 2014, 14:50
I have a current MET(H) rating which is also MP/IR
I have a SET(H) SP rating which is expired by more than 1 year and less than 3 years.

the question is if I wish to take an additional SET(H) type, can I assume its 2 hours flight instruction + skill test as laid out in AMC2 FCL.725(d) in the same way as if I was going SET(H) to SET(H)?

because the situation MET(H) to SET(H) is not covered (although logic would suggest its the same), comments welcome and a source for an answer?

Regards

Curtis E Carr
17th Jul 2014, 22:34
As you hold or have held a SET rating, you are correct in assuming that flight training consisting of a minimum 2 hours is admissable.

Camp Freddie
18th Jul 2014, 02:14
Dear Mr Curtis,

Thankyou, The fact the SET is not current is not a prob then? I can't see anywhere where it says that is ok

Hughes500
18th Jul 2014, 06:48
CF

I had this with a student who was in the same situation. I asked Fred Cross at The Belgrano as I couldn't find the answer. He came back with 2 hours and a skills test, after that it is 2 hours a year including LPC. that will then cover you for all SET providing you have done 2 hours in other types. You now do not need to do alternate tests according to EASA
Hope that helps
Now if you were to renew SET on a type on your licence you will need to do 2 training sessions ( not necessarily flying) and an LPC

misterbonkers
18th Jul 2014, 14:51
Hughes500 - are your sure that you don't need to alternate PCs each year when flying more than one SET?

Hughes500
19th Jul 2014, 07:57
Was told by 2 more senior examiners than me that the requirement to do alternating LPC's was a CAA thing and not an EASA thing. EASA says you don't although I haven't looked to be fair. It is a bit like allowing your LPC to lapse, you then have to take training sessions which does not mean flying !!!!! Sometimes I do wonder