PDA

View Full Version : FAA 1st class medical

Junior1248
16th Jul 2014, 13:17
Alright so I've just submitted my FAA application for my 1st class medical however I realised the application is in a US format at the bottom of the application they say they will do checks via a driving register or something like that how does this apply to a UK citizen? Or do they do background checks on UK citizens differently

zondaracer
16th Jul 2014, 15:09
They check the National driver registar to see if you have any serious traffic offenses, particularly a Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol. Such an offense can prevent you from getting a medical, especially if you lie on the application.

16th Jul 2014, 15:46
The United States National Driver Registry is simply a list of “problem drivers”. Drivers licenses in the United States are issued by the states rather than the Federal Government,and this systems lets the states ensure that they are not about to issue a license to someone who has been in serious trouble in another state.

In your situation you simply won’t show up when they do the check, just as someone who has a license in the United States and a clean driving record will not show up.

Junior1248
17th Jul 2014, 01:08
Well I'm from UK.. I don't even have a driving license lol so I'm guessing it doesn't apply to me

sherburn2LA
17th Jul 2014, 04:44
you need to understand the American psyche. If it didn't happen in America it didn't happen at all.
Unless it meant you had to to pay US tax on it.