PDA

View Full Version : teesside flight training , S.Wilkinson

middlesb
16th Jul 2014, 09:11
Anyone heard what's happening at this place and with the owner, he owes me cash and is now not answering his phone, has he left the area ? Does he own the club ? Hence will be back ? Does he have any planes there now ?

Any updates please, has he been seen ?

N707ZS
16th Jul 2014, 10:38
G-CLUE Pa34 is his / his wife's impounded on stand 9 minus one engine. Others know more. Try contacting the airport management.

airpolice
16th Jul 2014, 19:43
I have to ask this..............

The money he owes you..... is it for flying training that you paid for up front?

horatio_b
16th Jul 2014, 22:52
covered some months ago in this thread

http://www.pprune.org/private-flying/532804-teesside-flight-training-shaun-wilkinson.html

cockney steve
17th Jul 2014, 19:24
sounds like you don't need any enemies when you have friends like him.:}

cowl flap
23rd Jul 2014, 10:34
So nearly 7 years after Leeds flying school went under it just keeps on going....:ugh:

ShyTorque
23rd Jul 2014, 11:57
Look up the aircraft reg. on the G-INFO website. It gives the address you need.

F4TCT
2nd Aug 2014, 17:02
I think his wife is called pamela,

When the twin had a prange, it was registered to pamela pigg. they obviously have since been married.

If its the same family, Im sure the 'piggs' have some car dealerships around the area, maybe worth a scout about there.

SirenMaya
6th Aug 2014, 15:47
what do they owe you middlesb?

middlesb
11th Aug 2014, 19:56
Hi he owes me cash for flying training, i understand he owes or has owed pretty much everybody in aviation with in the local area, not much hope of getting my cash back i think.

airpolice
11th Aug 2014, 20:30
MiddlesB,

I'm not having a go here....

Did you pay up front, despite all the warnings on here?

If so, what could ppruners have possibly done to prevent you from giving him that money?

Seriously, can you think of anything more that we could do to prevent someone else being in your position? Not just with this guy but with all schools.

What would it have taken to make you not pay up front?

Mach Jump
11th Aug 2014, 22:16
Airpolice

As this is only his 4th post I imagine he's just asked too late. :sad:

I don't know what more we can do here at Pprune to warn people about paying up front. It needs an industry wide campaign. Perhaps it should be one of the requirements for the approval of an ATO that they do not accept up front payments.

Middlesb

Dispite the harsh sounding comments on here, we all feel for you. You seem to have become yet another victim of a small group of shysters that constantly drag the UK flying training industry down.

I hope it wasn't a life changing sum, because i'm afraid that it's barely worth even trying to get it back. :{

MJ:ok:

airpolice
11th Aug 2014, 23:15
Mach, he joined in January and started asking about this in July.

Perhaps it would provide a more balanced view if we knew when the money changed hands.

I do pay for my flying up front, in ten hour blocks. I can stand to lose that amount of money in the very, very unlikely event of the club going under. Part of my confidence is based on the fact that the people running the club concerned, really are are unable to disappear.

For a lot of small flying clubs, it's a bit easier to do a moonlight. That's why I wanted the input from someone who has been had over.

I doubt that the CAA would entertain such a block on the financial viability of a business, but we must surely all agree that "something" needs done.

horatio_b
23rd Sep 2014, 15:46
Some interesting information courtesy of a post from Beafer on the Pprune Durham Tees Valley airports thread

Corrosion and lack of lubrication factors in Durham Tees Valley Airport crash-landing - Gazette Live (http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teesside-news/corrosion-lack-lubrication-factors-durham-7814393)

pilotmike
23rd Sep 2014, 16:40
From Corrosion and lack of lubrication factors in Durham Tees Valley Airport crash-landing - Gazette Live (http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teesside-news/corrosion-lack-lubrication-factors-durham-7814393)

the 1979 built Piper Seneca – reg G CLUE – owned by Pamela Wilkinson of Lindwood Avenue, Stokesley,

N707ZS
31st Dec 2014, 11:12
Drove past the other day the poor old Seneca is still sat on stand 9 minus one engine, presume the second engine is probably corroded by now after not been started for two years. I always thought Peel airports were quick at dealing with things. This Seneca should of been sold or scrapped months ago.