PDA

View Full Version : The 'Daily Fail' strikes again...

Rhino power
8th Jul 2014, 22:31
I know it's no more than we've come to expect from such an august publication but, come on...

Red Arrows planes appear inches from crashing moments before they criss-cross away | Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2684478/Terrifying-moment-two-Red-Arrows-planes-look-inches-crashing-skies-moments-criss-cross-away.html#readerCommentsCommand-message-field)

-RP

pohm1
8th Jul 2014, 22:35
A spokesperson for the RAF said: 'To be clear this superb photograph was of the Red Arrows synchro pair, who complete manoeuvres such as this safely and professionally on a daily basis.’

The final line really hits home how shocking this incident really was.

P1

Tashengurt
8th Jul 2014, 22:35
Well, in their defence the synchro pair have only been doing that for thirty years or so!

Posted from Pprune.org App for Android

500N
8th Jul 2014, 22:37
Agree 100%.

When I read that, "terrifying moment" I lost interest.

Funny thing is, they try to make a "Oooohhhh" story out of the picture but in reality they missed a real
"Oooohhhh" story of the Red Arrows at the show, with holes and missing schools and all !!! LOL

baffman
8th Jul 2014, 23:08
In fairness it is a genuinely striking image and a great set of photographs, when everyone has already seen the Reds in real life or the media.

500N
8th Jul 2014, 23:21
No two ways about it. I'd go so far as to say it is one of the best photos I've seen of the Red Arrows.

But it's just another example of the DM trying to make something OohAah
or a drama out of nothing.

Personally, I would have gone with a heading like the following which
would probably pull in just as many readers.

"What Skill"

"The best of British and has been for 50 years"

"How close can you get ?"

Rhino power
8th Jul 2014, 23:39
Personally, I would have gone with a heading like the following which
would probably pull in just as many readers.

"What Skill"

"The best of British and has been for 50 years"

"How close can you get ?"

+1

Unfortunately, this dreadful excuse for a newspaper thrives on looking for the worst (and if they can't find it, just make it up) in any given situation to provide them with their sensationalist headlines...

-RP

Wander00
9th Jul 2014, 06:43
What a bunch of idjits

Tashengurt
9th Jul 2014, 07:26
The comments are good though.

Posted from Pprune.org App for Android

Bushfiva
9th Jul 2014, 07:36
Fair do's to the DM, though: it did manage to use "moment" 5 times before the first photo. Always a sign of quality journalism.

Genstabler
9th Jul 2014, 11:12
Crap journalism. Great pictures. Good publicity. :ok: