PDA

View Full Version : A320 max taxy speed for using the tiller

ulisse
7th Jul 2014, 21:04
hi
I remember a max taxy speed of 30 its for using the tiller for steer the aircraft, but I'm not able to find it on the from

some one could help me

thanks

modcat
8th Jul 2014, 13:06
Hi Ulisse,

as far as I remember (considering continuous and quick changing in my company AOM...) is not a limitation, but considering the steering orders transferring priority to the rudder pedals over 20 kts/GS, the FCTM (NO-040) "Taxi speed and braking" states that:
"on long, straight taxiways, and with no atc or other ground traffic costraints, the PF should allow the aircraft to accelerate to 30 KTS, and should then use one smooth brake application to decelerate to 10 Kt. ..."

Should...:E

BOAC
8th Jul 2014, 13:10
I don't understand. The only reason for using the tiller is for tight manouevring, and if you are doing that at 20kts...........................:confused:

MCDU2
9th Jul 2014, 14:21
On a long straight taxiway use of foot pedals enables one to have a final swig of a beverage of choice prior to take off.

jackitin
11th Jul 2014, 01:28
FCOM-NO-170-Landing-Rollout.

Max taxi speed is 30kts so this is where you remember it from.

ROLL OUT
Applicable to: ALL
NORMAL CONDITIONS
During the roll out, the rudder pedals will be used to steer the aircraft on the runway centreline. At high speed, directional control is achieved with rudder. As the speed reduces, the Nose Wheel Steering (NWS) becomes active. However, the NWS tiller will not be used until taxi speed is reached.