PDA

View Full Version : Nimrod finally put to good use!

Wild Swan
2nd Jul 2014, 17:15
Anyone for a Nimrod crew seat, galley seat or engine shroud?

Storm Scotland Dumfries Aircraft (http://stormscotland.com/funky_aircraft_collectables_furniture.html)

I hope this link works and hasn't already been posted. Apologies if it has.

Not Long Here
3rd Jul 2014, 07:15
As someone who spent over 8000 hours on one of those seats I cannot quite recommend them for their comfort. Although I had been known to drop off on a long inbound transit with a surfeit of Jock Pies and Chips.

Always seemed to manage to wake up by top of drop though :)

Rossian
3rd Jul 2014, 10:34
.......Nimrod seats!! Prices on application? They are having a laff aren't they??

Having spent a similar length of time as the previous poster trying to get comfortable in them, I'd junk them. Some pratt will buy no doubt.

Not Jock pies though, I preferred the individual piggy pies with delicate smears of English mustard.

Still enjoying Godzone then matey?

The Ancient Mariner

camelspyyder
3rd Jul 2014, 13:33
Those things are everywhere...saw some on TV last week on "Salvage Hunters". Mind you the telly ones were covered in the genuine badly stained blue cloth - and probably stank of old people - posters #2 #3 and #4 for instance...

CS:ok:

aw ditor
3rd Jul 2014, 14:44
CS

Was that poster or posterior?

AD

MFC_Fly
3rd Jul 2014, 18:12
As someone who spent over 8000 hours on one of those seats
Must have been a nav then - always in the seat and never in the galley/ordnance :E

Surplus
4th Jul 2014, 11:05
So comfortable that we had to sit on the backs to look down the AQA5 (Mod) to eye integrate the lines.

nimbev
4th Jul 2014, 16:33
Although I had been known to drop off on a long inbound transit with a surfeit of Jock Pies and Chips.

No MFC_fly, not a Nav, sounds more like a pilot to me!!

Biggus
4th Jul 2014, 17:42
Not exactly a new concept:

MotoArt | Own a piece of aviation history (http://www.motoart.com/)