PDA

View Full Version : Saudi Aramco Consultant

ecuriel151
1st Jul 2014, 14:38
Hello. Can somebody enlighten me as to what the pay and schedule is for the consultant pilot at Aramco? Any other important info would be appreciated. Thanks. I already called them and they don't give this info out over the phone.

Z06
2nd Oct 2016, 08:46
You never got an answer? 8500-10500/mo, depending on your negotiating skills. 8/4 schedule. Contractor position (pay your own taxes, zero benefits). Near zero chance of getting hired as a full time company (Aramco) pilot. Not treated very well (takes months to get you paid, and after 1 year, contract is abruptly ended, and you may re-apply after 30 days, with no promises). Fly your ass off 6 days on, one off when working. Bottom line is don't leave a good job for it.

havick
2nd Oct 2016, 11:33
Are they only hiring consultant pilots these days? It is it stop gap measures for stop gap pilots until the price of oil recovers again before employing more full time pilots?

Z06
2nd Oct 2016, 11:43
Good question. Impossible to know the true answer, as the truth changes daily. For now it seems only consultants for a while. There are no full timers in the pipeline right now.

SASless
2nd Oct 2016, 11:52
It would be a well paid "unemployment" until the market picks up.

Would keep you current and eating well as compared to sitting around hoping a decent job might pop up for you.

tottigol
2nd Oct 2016, 14:18
Listen to SAS for once.:ok:

gulliBell
2nd Oct 2016, 23:10
I did the Saudi Aramco consultant thing for a year at Tanajib (co-pilot only, they didn't have any Captain positions open to contractors). I liked the operation and the people, the aircraft were well maintained and the facilities are good. But the deal on offer for the contractors is a fraction of what the aramcons were paid for doing the same job, except they FIFO from Ras Tanura on a much better rotation and us contractors were stuck out in the desert prison camp.
The pay certainly wasn't anything near the number mentioned at post #2. From memory, measured all up considering all benefits offered to them and us, and the number of days worked on site, our daily rate take home pay would have been about one-third of the Aramcon pay, or less.
I would go back there to work again, but only if they offered me a job as an Aramcon. The contractor deal really was a pauper deal in comparison, for a whole host of reasons.

gulliBell
7th Oct 2016, 14:31
Also be aware the employer will keep your passport on arrival in Saudi Arabia, and you need an exit visa to escape the country.

Z06
7th Oct 2016, 15:51
GulliBell the rates quoted are the current pay rates, subject to negotiation. They also no longer hold your passport as hostage if you are a westerner. But back in "the day" that is indeed how things were done.

gulliBell
8th Oct 2016, 00:46
Back in "the day" there was no such thing as 8/4. The contractors were virtually locked up in the Tanajib camp for the whole year, with the occasional day-off outing to Dhahran or Bahrain. With those pay rates the money has certainly improved, and the 4 off would be something to look forward to that we never had before. I distinctly remember climbing up to 4000' on the way out to the fields one day and it was still 42 degrees OAT up there, and hotter inside. I hope their new AW rides have air-conditioning to go with the much more generous salary and nicer rotation.

I'd go back to work for them under that obviously much better deal.

SASless
8th Oct 2016, 16:22
There have been far worse situations than Armco but also some better ones as well. There are some glaring issues (or were) particularly the Medical Care concerns. If you get hurt/injured who pays for your care, where will it be provided, and most importantly.....for how long?

If you become Disabled in Line of Duty...what coverage does Aramco provide?

Helicopter flying can be hazardous....and such considerations are important.